++++SQUIRREL SEASON OPENS SATURDAY++++

Discussion in 'Small Game' started by Mailman, May 21, 2009.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    May 23, 2009 -- Feb. 15, 2010

Daily Bag Limit: 6

Possession Bag Limit: 12

[file]58030[/file]

2. Big_Bullseye

Big_Bullseye Honey Badger Phat Sack

Nov 2, 2004
    Franklin County
    I could kill 100 during the season and they will still mess with me during deer season.....

Dang squirrels....

3. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I need to make sure my .17 HMR is still sighted in.

4. Big_Bullseye

Big_Bullseye Honey Badger Phat Sack

Nov 2, 2004
    Franklin County
    [rquote=1271200&tid=89004&author=Mailman]I need to make sure my .17 HMR is still sighted in.[/rquote]

yep.... I need an excuse to go shoot this weekend.... I need to bring the tractor out to the property and clean up my range. Little overgrown.

5. JustBob

JustBob New Member

ENTER THE MWT SQUIRREEL CONTEST!!!

6. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    I bet it been 20 years since I have gone tree rat hunting.. got a bunch of them at my place. I may just have to buy my small game license. sounds like fun...... :cheers::cheers::cheers:

7. JustBob

JustBob New Member

Squirrel hunt contest has been extended to OPENING WEEKEND! 2 days to kill tree rats and tally em up.

Winning team earns bragging rights on this board PLUS A SPECIAL SURPRISE!

8. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

[rquote=1271238&tid=89004&author=mrb]I bet it been 20 years since I have gone tree rat hunting.. got a bunch of them at my place. I may just have to buy my small game license. sounds like fun...... :cheers::cheers::cheers:[/rquote]

if ya own the place im pretty sure you dont have to buy small game license:cheers::cheers:

9. TAB

TAB Active Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    Been a while since I have been. Doubt I go anytime soon. Maybe who knows

10. TAB

TAB Active Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    Any of you guys still eat them? Last time I ate them was at my wifes grandma's house. Been about 9 years ago.

11. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    [rquote=1271273&tid=89004&author=TAB]Any of you guys still eat them? Last time I ate them was at my wifes grandma's house. Been about 9 years ago.[/rquote]

I did and still would if I had any........... Not much better than fried tree rat and pancakes for breakfast.... :2thumbsup::2thumbsup::woot: Best I remember, they are a pain to undress though...... :rof2::rof2::hysterical:

12. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    [rquote=1271284&tid=89004&author=mrb] Best I remember, they are a pain to undress though...... :rof2::rof2::hysterical:[/rquote]

Slip them a few bills in their G-String and they will do it for you....:D

13. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    I love to squirrel hunt, though I seldom go in the spring. I have on occasion if we get an unusually chilly and damp day. Mulberry trees are a great place to be on the lookout for squawks in the spring. My observation from turkey season is that there is going to be a good crop of squirrels this year. Tender young squirrel is fine eating. If you know the right way, you can undress one in less than a minute, nothing to it.

14. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Hopefully gonna order my new air rifle next month. To late for the contest, but will have rats in the freezer. :cheers: