[file]80193[/file]

[file]80195[/file]

[file]80197[/file]

[Edited on 12-9-2009 by Bricky]

[Edited on 12-18-2009 by Bricky]

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
By any chance, would the word you are looking for be 'harrow'...?

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[rquote=1480755&tid=103537&author=htredneck]By any chance, would the word you are looking for be 'harrow'...?[/rquote]

it might be
but i have seen 2 or 3 different looking ones with and with out the heavey springs that guys call spring tooth harrows :shrug:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
That is a field cultivator. For you guys who disk your plots year in and year out and find they are getting wavey and causing water to stand where it shouldn't,,,this piece of equipment is what you need to help level the ground back out so it will drain properly. It is also much more efficient at killing weeds and grasses in a plot before planting than a disc is. If you put some wider sweeps on it,,you can literally cut all that stuff off at the roots. Just be sure to hit it before it gets too tall.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
There are two types that I know of - spring tooth and spike tooth. I have heard both types referred to both ways. So, it comes down to ... a harrow.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
or... it could be a cultivator!:D:D:D

·
Banned
24,572 Posts
That is more like a field cultivator than a spring tooth. You can drag a 6 foot 5 bar roll up harrow behind this and get your plot very smooth. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TTT :cheers:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ttt

·
Crossbow supporter
32,066 Posts
isn't that also called a chisel plow?

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,045 Posts
[rquote=1495023&tid=103537&author=judah]isn't that also called a chisel plow?[/rquote]

No, a chisel plow has rigid shanks. I've got one of them if anyone's interested.

Mark, wish it were a bigger unit, I'd be all over it. I'm gonna get rid of my chisel & buy a field cultivator this spring. Just need one about twice that big.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[rquote=1495027&tid=103537&author=pinwheel][rquote=1495023&tid=103537&author=judah]isn't that also called a chisel plow?[/rquote]

No, a chisel plow has rigid shanks. I've got one of them if anyone's interested.

Mark, wish it were a bigger unit, I'd be all over it. I'm gonna get rid of my chisel & buy a field cultivator this spring. Just need one about twice that big.[/rquote]

cant blame ya there
i think this is more for food plots and you need it to do large fields :2thumbsup:

·
Crossbow supporter
32,066 Posts
[rquote=1495027&tid=103537&author=pinwheel][rquote=1495023&tid=103537&author=judah]isn't that also called a chisel plow?[/rquote]

Mark, wish it were a bigger unit, I'd be all over it. I'm gonna get rid of my chisel & buy a field cultivator this spring. Just need one about twice that big.[/rquote]

How big is your chisel plow?

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[rquote=1495063&tid=103537&author=Doubleshot75]It's worth $50 to me :wave::wave:

but you could probably get more out of it![/rquote]

tooshea :rof2:

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
that is a nice unit and price, my dad has one just exactly like it, works great to break the crust that discing seems to make,
the ground does need to be fairly bare, might need to disc first to get rid of trash on top then use this tool to work the ground again, it can really break up that layer of crust constant discing leaves.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[rquote=1495093&tid=103537&author=racks-n-beards]So is there something missing on each tooth end? :confused:[/rquote]

nope there just kinda in the gravel

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[rquote=1496113&tid=103537&author=Ozarks-Bowhunter]Man i wish i was closer to ya, been looking for one.[/rquote]

were in southern mo. are you
i am a hour south of st.louis

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.