spring Plot Pictures

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by Hoytshooter, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I was out at the land and took some pictures of the plots the other day. Things are looking pretty good, need to spot spray one of the perennial plots which will happen this week.

This is one of the annual plots, hard make it out but you can. The wheat is coming on strong. These annual plots will be left until summer then replanted.

2. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    northwest

This is annual on the left, just wheat now, and biologic clover plus on the right. I also added chicory to it at the planting and just overseeded all the perennials with synergy ladino.

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
  4. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    another

This one is premium perennial...all of these perennials were originally planted last spring, so this will be the first good year I hope. I took all three of these first pictures standing where one of the blinds sits during rifle season. It looks over all three of those plots with the same views that are in the pictures. Lots of deer taken out of that blind!

5. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    more

This one is one the west side. The half nearest the camera was annual, now wheat. This is looking south, and is a similar view that you have from one of the blinds during rifle season, except you're a little higher then.

6. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    another

This is the south end of the same plot that is in the previous picture. The south half is perennial, my own mix of ladino and chicory. Original planting didn't take and I had to redo it. As a result it is weedier than other plots. This is the one I'm going to spot spray.

7. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    another

This plot is on the east side. This is looking south from the north end. The north half was annual, wheat now.

8. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    another

This is the south end of the same plot as in the previous picture. The south half is biologic premium perennial. You can see all the stalks from the brassicas that is in the mix. This looks north, and is the view from another blind during rifle season. There is a logging road that opens into this field right behind me.

9. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Last one

This is a closeup picture from one of the perennial plots, but it representative of all of them. I put my hat down for some perspective. I'm pleased with how it looks already. You can see some chicory peaking through there to.

10. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    DUDE you've got trucker hats growing in your plot !!!!

honestly I'm jealous I wish I had more room to mess with food plots. Looks good !

11. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Those look great. Congrats.............:cheers:

12. Brake

Brake Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Livingston Co MO
    great looking plots wish I had room for that many

13. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Thanks guys! It's the funnest work I've ever done!! Too bad a guy can't make a good living doing it!!! I'd be in the business, I really doing that stuff. No expert, but willing to learn!

14. Thayer

Thayer New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Imperial, Mo
    Good stuff Hoyt....congrats!!

15. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Nice lookin stuff there Hoytshooter...

Your hard work will pay off this fall.

16. TOBRYAN

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Nice looking plots hoyt!..spent a gazillion yesterday on fertilizing and transporting buggies to my plots myself.

17. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Good work Hoyt....Looks like a good place to find a few sheds too!!!