Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of an easy way to spread lime on your food plots,??last year we tried fertilizer spreaders but it just clumped up real bad and wouldnt spread,any home made or other ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
yep.... pelletized is easier to work with.

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Yeah......gotta go pelletized..........save yourself the headaches and the white legs:D

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started to think why we are not using pelletized and I remembered it was cost,10$ a bag compared to 2$ a bag,our soil needs a ton of lime per acre,so we are trying to cut cost and use the powder,we cant have it delivered in bulk becuase of where we are located

·
Registered
700 Posts
Go to a farm service type outfit (CO-OP: MFA) and buy in bulk, pelitized will still be more than powder but it will be afordable.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,538 Posts
MFA in NE MO is $90/ton for pelletized in bulk. $5/50# bagged. That equates to $200/ton. There's no real good way to spread ag lime. I did spread 3 ton recently with my 3 point spreader, but it was kinda a pain. The only way I could get it to flow was to walk beside the tractor & beat on the hopper with a rubber mallet.

[file]7497[/file]

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Hey Pipe, try building one of these...

[file]7498[/file]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.