Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday...lime and 20-10-10...was so humid that the fertilizer that was dribbled on the first bags was alreadt a wet spot in about 10 minutes...

Have a feeling the seed would have refused to get out of a bag if I was trying to plant....temps are miserable

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Its too dang hot for about anything right now,,,,,,,,,,,outdoor sex is out of the question.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
I had to reread the topic title! I thought it said spreading :fart:

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,253 Posts
I was always told not to spread fertilizer when it's going to get over 75 degrees out because it will burn the plants. Makes sense to me, does that sound about right?

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Originally posted by 90acres
I was always told not to spread fertilizer when it's going to get over 75 degrees out because it will burn the plants. Makes sense to me, does that sound about right?
Burning can be a problem, but a bigger concern is nitrogen volatilization if urea is used as a nitrogen souce. When urea is spread in high temperatures without incorporation or rainfall, the N will volatilize into the air when combined with dew.

G

·
What Whitemarsh said. You Lost the Nitrogen or a good part of it the Phos. and Potash will stay put.
What are you planting now? If getting ready for wheat. Sow it at the appropriate time and frtilize later with straight N. or more 20-10-10.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.