Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at 2 different atv sprayers that have a boom sprayer attached for my 4 wheeler. Haven't pulled the trigger yet as spraying won't be done until a month or so. Looking at a 15 gallon and a 25 gallon tank but can't decide which size I want. Worked with 10-20 gallon tanks before and like both for different reasons.

Anyone think 25 gallons of water on the back of their 4 wheeler is too much? Both I am looking at are on sale right now at almost 20% off, saving $50 so I'm going to order one tonight. Just can't decide if I want less weight with less coverage before refill or weight more and spray more before refills. Opinions?

· Registered
32,993 Posts
Size of ATV may play a factor.

Reactions: justindh1

1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Honda Racher 420. I'm leaning towards the 15 gallon and just deal with the lower capacity. I've had a 20 gallon on it with no issues but 5 extra gallons of fluid can offset the balance quite a bit on these Ozark hills.

1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went with a 15 gallon fimco and I added a boom to it. For use around home it's perfect. For food plotting it's a little small so I carry a 55 gallon drum of water in the bed of my truck to refill from. Works pretty slick.
I was thinking about doing the same thing. I have a family member who has water 1/4 mile up the road too as on option. The weight of 15 gallons of water is 270 and 25 is 450 pounds.

I know I don't have to fill it up if I have it and the extra cost for the 25 gallons is only $25. The 25 gallons is just going to be much bigger. Would rather not feel like I'm riding the handle bars with the size of it on a atv.

1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok I already ordered my sprayer and went with the 25 gallon. I think I agree that the extra weight isn't going to be a big issue.

Tractor supply has some of their workhorse sprayers for sale. They have pretty good ratings and customer service from what I've read. Newer company or one I've just came upon. I got the 25 gallon 2 gpm with deluxe handle for $225 plus tax. The 15 gallon has the same pump at 2 gpm for $200. Both have a 80" coverage boom.

Best price I've seen on these. Barndoorag has the cheapest regular price but with the sale at tractor supply, it's a heck of a deal.

Reactions: Lazarus

· Former Leader in Warning points!
10,987 Posts
Ok I already ordered my sprayer and went with the 25 gallon. I think I agree that the extra weight isn't going to be a big issue.
Good Choice. You are talking about 80 lbs for the extra 10 gallons. Not significant in the long run. Also, you can put just 15 gallons in the 25 gallon sprayer, but you cannot put 25 gallons in the 15 gallon sprayer. For only a $25 difference, the versatility of the bigger tank would be well worth it.

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
25 gal here also with a smaller ATV, 400 yamaha, works fine. 25X8.245=209# of spray solution.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.