Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that alot of people on here shoot in alot of archery tournaments. Does anyone ever shoot in sporting clays tournaments? I haven't shot in one for about 2 years now and am wanting to get back into it. I have shot at Boonville, one around Wentsville, one between Carrolton & Chillicothe and one in Columbia called Cedar Creek. They were all really nice with some pretty hard targets.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I used to shoot quite a bit. Between 500 and a thousand rounds a week. Even had my own range set up with 15 different stations. It was a lot of fun. But frankly, most ranges and competitions have priced themselves out of the market as far as I'm concerned.

Don't think I'm down on the ranges, cause I'm not. It has to be almost impossible to make any money throwing targets. The cost is just a sad reality of it.

Also arrows you can shoot more than once.........unless of course you are r2ahunter! :D

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right about the cost of shooting in a tournament, they ain't cheap. I was only shooting in about 2 per year, so it was still somewhat affordable. The last one I shot in was 2 years ago and Farm Credit put it on so the shoot was free except for the price of the shells.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
they just opened a new range in Ill somewhere not too far from St. Louis. suppose to be a top notch range from what i have heard. maybe someone knows a little more and can share.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The Missouri Waterfowl Association Central Chapter is sponsoring a Sporting Clays Shoot and fish fry August 12, 2006 at the Cedar Creek Rod and Gun Club just north of the Millersburg exit on Hwy 70. Shoot starts at 11:00-3:00. $40 single $65 couple and $15youth. includes shoot, fish fry and drinks(soda, cold water, beer) It is a Lewis class event. Trophies will be awarded for all classes and flights. There will be a couple of gun use games afterward. There is going to be a silent auction and lots of door prizes. directions to the shoot at WWW.CEDARCREEKRODANDGUNCLUB.COM Contact Billy Bridges at 573-636-6115 for advance tickets or you can get them at the door. Thans Billy Bridges

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I knew it. Someone would find a shoot for me close to home & I would be busy that day. That's the day of my batchlor party & I don't think I will have any business shooting a gun that day.
Not really a bad price considering it includes a meal.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
RBH:

There are 3 places in Central Missouri I know of:

Cedar Creek - NE of Columbia - Ralph and Maryann Gates - great people

River Hills Just North of the Wooldridge Exit in Cooper County off 70 (10 miles East of Columbia??) Barb really has a great set up there.

Midway Farms - the Potterfields, of Midway Arms; I think you have to make an appointment, but it's a terrific set up for a group outing. They have a really nice Lodge for get togethers.

Billy - if I can, I hope to make that shoot on the 12th. Don't know at this point.

·
Registered
70,598 Posts
RBH since you'll be busy on the 12th of Aug. maybe your perspective bride could shoot in your place since she'll be wearing the pants in the family. She could learn how to handle a gun cause she's gotta be able to keep you in line somehow.:hysterical:

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where is Midway farms located and do you know how long in advance you have to make appointments. I was hoping to get a shoot in before I start the accademy, but I don't think it is going to happen.

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Mailman
RBH since you'll be busy on the 12th of Aug. maybe your perspective bride could shoot in your place since she'll be wearing the pants in the family. She could learn how to handle a gun cause she's gotta be able to keep you in line somehow.:hysterical:
Oh she can handle a gun pretty well. Each of the last 2 years she has taken a nice 10pt.
She will be at the party with me. We decided to have a batchlor/batchlorett party combined, that is if you want to call it that. I am just calling it a big drunk with a fish/turtle fry.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Booches and anyone else that can make it. I will probably be the big ugly one at the registration. Hope to see several of you guys and gals there. Have a great day and be safe xx75-Billy Bridges

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.