Spooked Bird

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by sand_manms, Apr 20, 2006.

1. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    While I don't turkey hunt I have friends who do. One told me about his hunt last weekend and how he missed a big gobbler. He said he was set up perfect and was all in cammo including his shotgun. The bird was within 5 yards of being dead when it turned and took off. He said he hadn't moved or made a sound. He took the position again and looked at his gun to see if something was on it. He noticed a flash of light and swore. His watch came out from under his sleeve and flashed in the morning sun scaring the tom off. He kicked himself all the way home.

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sounds like a lesson learned....no doubt, turkeys have the best eyes in the woods!!!

3. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Heard of the same thing happening alot. That is why I never wear a watch. I have also heard about hunters pant legs riding up while they are setting down and the white socks being visable and spooking birds.

4. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I wear black socks and no watch. Also I try to always stay in the shade and have the sun somewhat to my back if possible.

Jack

5. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO

Same here.... but I always have my knee-high rubber boots on, so socks aren't a big deal. :pop:

6. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Ya mean yo "Sheep Boots" Lefty??????? Them sheep boots is aight, but it sho is hard ta kiss em dat way....!!!

7. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana

ahhhh... xnan on the bootsa LOL

(long timers will understand)