Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I don't turkey hunt I have friends who do. One told me about his hunt last weekend and how he missed a big gobbler. He said he was set up perfect and was all in cammo including his shotgun. The bird was within 5 yards of being dead when it turned and took off. He said he hadn't moved or made a sound. He took the position again and looked at his gun to see if something was on it. He noticed a flash of light and swore. His watch came out from under his sleeve and flashed in the morning sun scaring the tom off. He kicked himself all the way home.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Heard of the same thing happening alot. That is why I never wear a watch. I have also heard about hunters pant legs riding up while they are setting down and the white socks being visable and spooking birds.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
I wear black socks and no watch. Also I try to always stay in the shade and have the sun somewhat to my back if possible.

Jack

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Originally posted by JackJr
I wear black socks and no watch. Also I try to always stay in the shade and have the sun somewhat to my back if possible.

Jack
Same here.... but I always have my knee-high rubber boots on, so socks aren't a big deal. :pop:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by Lefty

Jack
Same here.... but I always have my knee-high rubber boots on, so socks aren't a big deal. :pop:
Ya mean yo "Sheep Boots" Lefty??????? Them sheep boots is aight, but it sho is hard ta kiss em dat way....!!!

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
Originally posted by Lefty

Jack
Ya mean yo "Sheep Boots" Lefty??????? Them sheep boots is aight, but it sho is hard ta kiss em dat way....!!!
ahhhh... xnan on the bootsa LOL

(long timers will understand)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.