speaking of varget

Discussion in 'Reloading Tips & Tricks' started by winger, May 31, 2009.

1. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    been watching on gunbroker, not to buy from but a form of comic relief and have you all seen the stinking prices people are screwin others with? it has gotten bad enough that you type in varget in the search bar and you get all types of powder where the seller is linking it to the key word varget. it is getting out of the realm of funny. i saw and 8 pound keg of varget go for a little over $600.00 on there. now someone tell me, who in their right freakin mind is gonna spend that. it is rediculous.

will it ever end or is this the beginning of the end without a single pen swipe from the libs.:confused:

2. kevthebassman

kevthebassman Active Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Eureka
    This ridiculousness will end eventually. It's already starting to wind down, I've been able to get primers lately.

3. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    yep, some of the powders been looking for and couldn't find are now aplenty here, well except varget and 335. primers still havn't hit this area again yet but they will.

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    It is amazing isnt it? I'll be glad when it settles. I can't even get my order for 22 and buckshot :mad2:

5. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Glad I stocked up when I did, I got bullets (enough to last me awhile) back in 2006, just before the prices started to climb, and I had a jug of Benchmark and of 2230-C, before the craziness started, and bought another jug of Benchmark in November, (it was the last one Graf's had at the time), and I have a bunch of one-pounders of the other stuff I use, and then, a buddy gave me about ten pounds of various other stuff he gave up on. (I can always find something that stuff will work in:D) I'd bought up 3000 primers last summer, before it got nuts, too, so I have enough to last for the time being. Almost all my cases are already loaded up, too:eek::eek::eek:, so I'll make a few more PD trips before I have to restock.........:sniper::sniper::sniper:

Woe be to those who don't plan ahead..........

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    "Woe be to those who don't plan ahead".......... Exactly :mad2:

7. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    yep, i should have enough for a couple years in stock now. only thing i am so so on is the 250, we run a lot of them compared to the others, but be good for at least a year and hopefully two. surely people will pull their heads out their rears before then.:D