Speaking of sports movies,........

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by swmo, Feb 1, 2006.

1. ........what's y'all favorites?????

Mine are mostly all baseball movies, in order; The Natural, 61*, The Rookie, Mickey, A League of Their Own, The Sandlot, and The original Bad News Bears.

Football, Friday Night Lights and the Longest Yard (original), and then the newer one w/ Adam Sandler.

Golf, Tin Cup and Happy Gilmore :hysterical:.

Basketball, Hoosiers. Hear the new movie is a must see (can't think of the name of it :stickfight:) supposed to be a true story of a MoMo dude from what I understand.

Sure, no, KNOW there's others, but that's all I can think of right now.

2. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Gotta love Hoosiers! By far the best basketball movie although I haven't seen the new one that's out in theaters.

As far as football. Either Rudy or Remember the Titans

Golf. HAPPY GILMORE!

3. Dang, how could I of forgot Rudy and Remember the Titans :withstupid:. :stickfight:

4. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Speaking of this topic, did anyone see Burt Reynolds B**** slap that reporter when he told Burt that he hadn't seen the original Longest Yard? Man, that was hilarious. I'll see if I can't find a link to the footage.

5. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    My favorite movie would have to be "The Junction Boys." Texas A&M is my alma mater. :cheers:

6. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
  7. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Field of dreams is my all time favorite sportsy movie

8. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Man, I forgot Field of Dreams. Great movie

9. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I like alot of football movies. Rudy, Remember the Titans, Any given Sunday, The longest yard.

Raging Bull might be my favorite sports movie ever though, at least the best one made by far in my book.

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Fav serious movie? rudy
    Fav funny movie - caddyshack, hands down.

11. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    haha ahh yes caddyshack.. who could forget that one.. great movie(s)

12. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

That is a good one....I also like Hoosiers.

13. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    All great movies!
    I especially love Remember the Titans!
    :cheers::cheers:

14. Man i cant believe nobody said The program that was a bad a movie! And the movie the Replacements is a good one. But i think the new Longest Yard is prolly my favorite.

15. See I knew I'd forget some :bangin:, especially "Field of Dreams". Not a movie but a comedy skit would be "Who's On First" w/ Abbott and Costello. Still looking for the dvd of that one in the stores. Boys love that and wanting to do that skit for a talent show sometime.

16. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I personally thought the new longest yard sucked. You need to see the original if you haven't.

Caddy Shack is one fo the greatest movies of all time hands down. The other serious ones like Rudy and Junction boys as well as the other mentioned are fantastic also but definately in a different class !

17. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Remember the Titans and Friday Night Lights are probably my favorites, but the Natural is right up there too.

18. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

How about Million Dollar Baby??? Good movie, but I'd rather have seen her run up a big flight of stairs, and win the big fight, rather than what happened....

19. droptine

droptine New Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Jeff City
    Remember the Titans gets my vote. Field of Dreams is good too.

20. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    hthrly7 thank you on that remark about Friday Night Lights!!! Thought I was gonna be alone on that one.

Fireman the Million Dollar Baby was good!

But you gotta love Rudy and Hoosiers!