Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lunch break commander
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regardless if you are religious or not its obvious to anyone paying attention that people are fighting battles mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. We have no idea if we will have a second opportunity to speak encouraging words to someone who is contemplating ending it all. Sometimes the signs are subtle and hard to see but way too many are being lost. I've been reminded again just how awful this problem is. Not someone I knew personally but another family is devastated and a life thrown to the enemy. This war is real and being fought all around us. Maybe someone reading this is in the heat of this battle. Family and friends need us paying attention and speaking life into their souls. If anyone is struggling with suicide please reach out!!! PM me and we will fight it together.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
The battle is real, brother. Thank you for standing up and speaking life. Same offer goes for me on the west side of the state for anyone who is troubled in this area.
This photo is of my granparents. I never knew my grandfather. He was an island hopper in the Pacific. He took his life in November 1967, the year before i was born. His son, who was as close to me as a brother, took his life in April, 1989. I am well acquainted with the impact of suicide on a family.
Screenshot_20201207-025419_Messages.jpg

·
1,358 Posts
"Are you OK?"

Those three words can sometimes be enough to stir a conversation with someone struggling. There is so much stigma attached to mental health in this world and it's baffling. The stereotypes long cast on people struggling have proven difficult to break. Talk to someone near you and just check in with them, you might have a life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts