Sounds like Gun Season has already started around here.

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by captainredfish, Nov 10, 2010.

1. captainredfish

captainredfish Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Williamsburg MO
    How many of you hav heard rifle shots either 20 minutes before dark or 20 minutes after first light, yeah I know someone could be sighting in their gun in real world conditions but really?

2. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    i made a comment to my dad last Fri night...said "folks must have not realized youth season was only one weekend."

Frustrating.

3. Happens all the time, no way to truely stop it other than report it and let the conservation officers try to get things lined out. All it takes is a phone call and you might be suprised what they can figure out for you at times.

4. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    Yea gun seasom started here about 3 weeks ago, it always does

5. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    i follow the rules if others dont i aint gonna play conservation cop, if they do it right in front of me well thats different

6. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    I've been one of those people shooting, do it year 'round. Shots in the country don't necessarily mean deer are being shot. I have a bad feral cat problem and the 22-250 is likely to go off at any time.

7. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Could just be siting in their guns or target shooting.

:innocent:

8. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

I can't believe how many People will sight their guns in a week before Deer Season...and on the property they intend to hunt on....no one wonder thay don't see anything come Deer Season? :mad2: :mad2: :whistle: :peepwall:

Bunch of Captian Knuckles in my opinion! :thinking:

9. Ginger

Ginger Administrator Staff Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Chariton County
    Well Tank and I sighted in three rifles and shot a shotgun today, and no deer were harmed in the process.

10. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    [rquote=1890436&tid=131673&author=GTOHunter]I can't believe how many People will sight their guns in a week before Deer Season...and on the property they intend to hunt on....no one wonder thay don't see anything come Deer Season? :mad2: :mad2: :whistle: :peepwall:

Bunch of Captian Knuckles in my opinion! :thinking: [/rquote]

Whats worse is folks sighting in from the road on property they don't heve permission to be on. It really sucks when you are bow hunting and can hear the bullets going through the timber around you. Pre cell phones so all I could do was wait till they were done. And get the heck out of there after dark. They were gone before I got out to the road.

11. BuschCamocan4life

BuschCamocan4life New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    probaly just trying to target practice is game like situations..:bull:

12. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    I have been doing a lot of shooting for the last couple of weeks and always do this time of year . Us pistol shooters need a lot more practice than the rest of you . Between me and my brother it probably sounds like somebody is hunting every morning and evening around here . Having all of that shooting a 1/2 hour after daylight and a 1/2 hour before dark would sure make me think target shooters . Those times would also be 1 hour before work and a 1/2 hour after work .

13. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    [rquote=1890475&tid=131673&author=BuschCamocan4life]probaly just trying to target practice is game like situations..:bull:[/rquote]

You know when we dont know it to be a fact it is better to think the best of people instead of the worst.

Just my opinion thats all

:cheers:

14. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

heard a shot last sunday at 545................. 5 minutes later heard a truck with loud exhaust goin into nieghbors field. all i could do was shake my head and think its only a deer..................problem, my little freak buck i seen was headed that way 10 minutes prior....................

15. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

[rquote=1890436&tid=131673&author=GTOHunter]I can't believe how many People will sight their guns in a week before Deer Season...and on the property they intend to hunt on....no one wonder thay don't see anything come Deer Season? :mad2: :mad2: :whistle: :peepwall:

funny. i site my gun in and see deer that evening..............in fact this past sunday shot 15 times and comin back from huntin that evening there was 6 does standing not 40 yards from the target. i shot 2 yotes last year opening morning and 10 minutes later had 5 does come walkin by not caring. dont seem to bother them unless its them being shot or another deer close to them

16. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    ive sighte in guns at the range and we have had deer run across the range and we had deer 40-50 yds from us watching us

17. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Whats Bad here is they Brag about it. :whinging:

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin just Plays Legal No Worries.

18. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    People are shooting deer all year long.

19. stevelumma

stevelumma Member

Apr 8, 2007
    wentzville
    they are just trying to get a deer before the poachers start in on em'

20. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO

We all shot our guns at the lease the day befor rifle season to make shure the long trip dint jar any of the sights. We always get deer off the same section of land.