Sorry to see him go this way

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Rojo, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Rojo

Rojo Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Got to the end of the drive way at 6:50 this morning. Saw a little crossover SUV had pulled in. The front of it was severely damaged. Talked to the young lady inside and she was ok. She had hit what she called a huge buck. After work I came home and went looking for a huge buck. Found this guy. Sorry he went this way, but I suspect the young lady driving was more sorry than I. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

One of a long list of them that will eat cars this year. I'm glad she was ok.

3. Rojo

Rojo Member

Jul 27, 2014
    She was smart not to swerve. The outcome on that stretch of road would have been really bad.

4. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Its always smart not to swerve for something that isn't human and wont kill you if you hit it. I'm glad she made the right choice. That buck is replaceable .

5. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Glad she was ok, part of growing em is losing em, but man it hurts to lose one this close to season.

6. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Looks like he was a good deer, glad the young lady was not injured.

Like other have said, just one of many that will die at the hands of a vehichle this year.... :(

7. 421sd

421sd Part-time malcontent

Dec 23, 2012
    Ozarks Plateau
    As smart as they get at avoiding us, I wish they were as smart at avoiding vehicles. Sometimes they only get one chance to learn though....

8. Here4Deer

Here4Deer Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Rip fella.

HunterRed likes this.
  9. bluecan

bluecan Long time listener, first time caller

There is no telling how many cedars she saved by hitting that buck. They wont be rubbed to death now in the coming weeks.

I'm glad no one was hurt

10. DougC

DougC Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Independence
    Sorry for your loss...