Son scores on first morning of hunting!

Discussion in 'Youth Hunts & Photos' started by skull stacker, Oct 30, 2010.

1. skull stacker

skull stacker Active Member

Sep 3, 2008
    SEMO
    Well, all the stars were aligned this morning down here in the Ozark hills. Got in our blind before light and had a good sit and talk, I notice my son looking really hard out of his side. I ask him what he was looking at and he didn't respond. I again said "what are you looking at"? He said i think it's a deer. I pulled the window back and looked out, and it was a small buck with it's head down. About the time I seen it, it headed down in to the woods. I grunted but no luck. 20 Min's later a large doe came running up the hill right passed us about 15 yards. I said get your rifle up and ready, I figured there would be a buck close behind, but no luck. We sat for a few more minutes and then I caught movement towards our left, there was a doe walking out into one of our shooting lanes, she stop and turned and looked back behind her. I said "Alright, get your rifle pointed over in that shooting lane cause this time I'm sure one is coming". Just then you could see another deer moving through the brush towards the doe. Out pops this little dude right into our shooting lane around 40 yards. I tell him take off your safety and get him in the scope. He told me "dad I got him" I softly "bleat" with my mouth and he stops and raises his head. I tell my son right behind the shoulder, he says "yes dad I got him"! I say shoot and he does, deer stumbles as he turns and runs back into the thick brush. Then the hugs and high fives started. But just as soon as we stop for a second to catch our breaths Murphy's Law kicked in! A 140 class 8 point (looked like a main frame 8) comes out into the exact same shooting lane. This deer was 35 yards from us, walks away, comes back to 40 yards, leaves and comes back by a third time 20 Min's later. Sure would have been nice to get him, but the boy didn't know the difference. He was pretty proud of this deer, we had to take it around to all the family members houses and show it off, his story was getting more and more exciting every time he told it. This well be one of the greatest high lights of my life for years to come. Gonna be hard to top this one! Total of 6 deer seen, 3 does and 3 bucks. That's a good ratio for his first ever hour of deer hunting.

[file]144398[/file]

2. BowHunterKc

BowHunterKc New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Congrats. It doesnt get any better than watching kids score on there first deer.

3. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    REAL nice buck and great story! Looks just like the one I got last year in Perryville :claphands::claphands::claphands::eek::

4. ladeerman

ladeerman New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Laccassine, LA
    Now thats awesome!:cheers:

5. skull stacker

skull stacker Active Member

Sep 3, 2008
    SEMO
    Here is a picture of us draging it out, I thought it was pretty cool picture.

[file]144406[/file]

6. DDT HUNTER

DDT HUNTER New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Raymore
    Great stuff and congrats to your son ! :eek:::banana-man-yeah:

7. Awesome jason! Congrats to you both!

8. Boogan1

Boogan1 Senior Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Stover, MO
    congrats! What a great first deer! Boog

9. ImADoeBuster

ImADoeBuster New Member

Sep 14, 2003
    Jefferson City
    :eek:::eek:: Awesome first deer and Congrats to you both

10. mag1

mag1 New Member

:eek:: Congrats to your son. That smile says it all.

11. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Congrats....love the pics.

12. bday95061

bday95061 New Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Saint Charles County
    Congrats as well...
    Hope to have a similar story someday with my girls.
    Its all about the FAMILY
    :cheers:

13. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    [file]144466[/file]

14. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    :claphands::claphands::claphands::eek::