Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,469 Posts
Trail cam tip

Nice yote pics chuck. I'd shoot the first 2 but that third one......well, ya better let him go.

Just a tip, if you'll take the time to remove those branches, you'll be amazed at how much better your flash gets to the trail. The limbs are absorbing the flash & reflecting back, thus your camera is focusing more on them than the subject you want.

The other thing that sometimes happens with branches or weeds is that as the sun heats them up, it's just enough that when the wind blows them, it'll trigger your camera. Then you get false triggers. Most pir's in the cameras are designed to trigger with temperature change & movement combined.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I will admit I am still a newbie at trail cams. I had to clear alot of sticks out of the way just to get a shot at all, I think the sun/weed thing happened to me on my other cam as I had a roll of film of nothing:roll2:
thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 2 of the 35mm stealth cams. just when I get my film procesed I get the disk with it also.
I'd like to go digital but I dont own land so my cams are on public land and it would upset me enough to lose the cams I got much less more expensive models.

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
:cheers:

nice pics fo sho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.