Some one said to shot them in the lips. My first solo duck hunt at duck park.

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by Longbow26, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Well I remember some one saying " To shot them in the lips " so today I shot a sponbill rt smack in the lips breaking her beak and shearring some of her toung away. Whiel i was looking for her a pintail near dived bombd me and i shot him square in his wing and then had to go chase him down. Who knew ducks could swuime under watter so well. I caught up to him and tried ot hock him wiht my cain and over exstended my self and went head first into the watter. But did manedge to hock him wiht my curve of the cain. Only problem is my waiders filld wiht watter regardless of the waider belt i had on. I spun the pintail's neck and tosed him on the leeve and then pulled my self to teh leeve and got up on it and got the watter out of my waiders.

I shot the sponbill hen at 12:30pm and the pintail drake at 12:57pm

I took my first shot at a duck at 11:10am it was a mallerd drake. I shot at another duck noon and was out looking to see if that bird that went down in controld flight down range of my bling was hit or not. When i got teh sponebill and then the pintail.

Once the 2 guys that were in the corn in my pool and shoting at ducks aproaching my spread, had left i was finally abel to get to work fully on the ducks solo.

The only difference between Tim Napp and these 2 guys is Tim Napp hits what he shots at. These guy shot at every duck that past infront of the ada blind from 6:03 am to 9am when they left and dint drop a single bird. They did knock feather off 2 malerd drakes i had been working thouhg.

I dint know that strip of corn was part of my pool. The park staff and the game warden know about it thouhg and figerd out where they enterd and are going to moniter the spot and see if they can ketch them since they are shure it was ppl who dint get drawn to hunt.

I had a blast wet waders and all, and I did find Pastors duck carrier he ahd lost on Tuesday on the leeve. I fierd a total of 9 shots and braught home 2 ducks. Not the perfect 6 for 6 that i am aiming for yet. But considerring i was solo hunting i think i did rather darn good.

The steroid shot i got in my back yesterday helped my back be pain free today.

After i go to break fast wiht ym son at school tomarrow im going to see what the dark side of the moon has for ducks on the last food plot.

my youngest holding the 2 ducks up.

[file]147411[/file]

2. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Longshot26 and Babylongbow26 displaying the ducks

[file]147413[/file]

3. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    The duck walk

[file]147417[/file]

4. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    shot em in the lips

[file]147425[/file]

5. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Congrats. :claphands: :wave:

6. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
  7. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Michael....those pics are hilarious. Glad you got home safe from swimming today....and killed a couple ducks to boot.

8. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    In the first pic my son is holding the ducks up so they can fly away. He sees enoufe geese fly over the house he knows they suposto fly.

9. citybowhunter

citybowhunter Senior Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Independence Mo.
    Glad you had a good time. Neat pictures! :cheers:

10. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    :cheers:great job, good to see ya working the birds!:cheers:

11. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    :eek:::eek:::claphands::kewlpics:

12. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    thanks for finding my duck strap Mike. If I would have known you were going to find it I wouldnt have bought a new one. I will keep the second one for when I take my nephews out.

13. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    sorry about the sky busting thing, thought they were in range:D

congrats:cheers:

14. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Sound like a pretty good hunt, and I love the pics.:eek::

15. Hunter91

Hunter91 New Member

May 16, 2003
    Springfield
    Nothing like see pics of kids with dead ducks. Only duck hunter can appreciate those:claphands: Congrats on the good hunt.

16. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    Pintail already huh? Some folks wait a while before they get a pintail! Not rare, but not as common as a lot of the others. You done good my friend, ya done good ! :claphands::claphands::bowing::cheers:

17. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    I had shot at 2 other pintails that day earlier. Or teh same one twise befor i got him finally.

The park worker who helped me get my sutff together after the hunt siad he ahs been trying all his years to get a pintail, he was enviouse to all heck. he ahs duck hunted for over 20 years.

18. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    all year as in the last week and half:shrug:

19. all his years as in his whole life :cheers:

20. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    [rquote=1892857&tid=131669&author=greenheadsmoker]all his years as in his whole life :cheers:[/rquote]

well i would say the boy needs some help then, specially workin at a duck park. couldn't beat the things off of us last sunday.