Some nice rifles and shotguns for sale.

Discussion in 'F/S Firearms & ammo' started by callaojoe, Feb 7, 2018.

1. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    OK,

So I have thought long and hard about selling a couple firearms that are mostly redundant to other things I currently own.

1. Weatherby Mark V in .270 Winchester. I know the term tack driver gets thrown around alot, this one truly is one of those. It's a USA made rifle, it's what they call a Mark-V Synthetic. It's a 6.5lb rifle with a 24" no1 contour barrel 1:10 twist. Does very well with 130 Accubonds. Original MSRP on this rifle was $1155.
    LOP: 13 5/8" Drop at Comb: 3/4" Monte Carlo: 5/8" Drop at Heel: 1 3/4" 5+1 magazine
    Product code: SNS270NR4O
    This would make for an excellent all round whitetail rifle, or a nice mountain rifle as well.
    Scope is a 3x9x50 Bausch & Lomb Elite mounted with Leupold Rings and bases.
    Asking $900 I still have original Box, and have not used this rifle in many years, a real safe queen.
    IMG_5151.JPG IMG_5152.JPG IMG_5153.JPG IMG_5155.JPG
    2. Beretta AL391 Urika 2 12ga with 28" barrel. This comes with 2 chokes, M/F. Gun is in excellent new condion and will shoot 3" and light 2 3/4" shells with no tinkering.
    $900
    IMG_5162.JPG IMG_5163.JPG IMG_5164.JPG
    3. 1915 Vintage LC Smith FWT 12ga with auto ejectors 28" barrels choked M/F. This shotgun is in excellent shape, with excellent case colors, and nice barrel blue. Wood has been professionally finished by previous owner, and looks excellent. This is a 2 3/4 shotgun, and should only be shot with low brass shells. Would make an excellent upland gun.
    $1000 You need to see in person to appreciate it. :D
    IMG_5165.JPG IMG_5166.JPG IMG_5167.JPG
    I will be placing these guns on Armslist and or Gunbroker in the near future....

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  2. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    If I hadn't just bought that 1885 I would be the proud new owner of that Elsie. Makes me wanna trade in a wife or something. You got any interest a gal of Italian/Irish descent? She's a pretty good cook and ain't no more crabby than most any other gal. :D

3. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n
    nice,is that 391 a 12 or 20?

4. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    12ga, sorry should of mentioned that... :D

5. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    How good a cook is she? :D

No, I already have a headache of my own, I'd just keep the Elsie before I took on a second one. :D It's a nice scattergun, not many FieldGrade auto ejectors made. It also has the 3 position safety on it. Classic upland field gun. :wave1:

nastyjack63 likes this.
  6. nastyjack63

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    I understand. But she is actually an excellent cook and that can be verified by several MWT members (some of them are even kinda reputable) in case you ever wanna reconsider. :)

Wings Fan 19 likes this.
  7. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Think I'll pass, this is a very nice shotgun, you really ought to have her buy it for you. :D

8. nastyjack63

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    I sorta hinted that we do have a 35th anniversary coming up in May. Didn't really seem to get much traction. :banghead:

9. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Ask her if she'd like to see a 36th..... :D Or, maybe that's not such a good idea, as it would give her an out... :D

10. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    She might use said shotgun to prevent the 36th.

Bootheel Boy likes this.
  11. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I guess is someone is gonna shoot me, may as well be with a classic American made SxS. :D

12. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    The Beretta is gone..... :wave1:

13. itsb

itsb Senior Member

Dec 28, 2013
    so hows the new cook working out:D

14. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    He wanted the Elsie, not the Beretta.... So, unfortunately... I am still doing the cooking.

Had an offer of a trade for a Benelli Ethos the other day for my SxS, just don't know much about those, looks like a nice gun, but not something I am really wanting to own...... I once had a nice Montifeltro, that never did seem to fit me right, no matter how much I played with the shims...

Hoping to go shoot the M2 I picked up on Wednesday, and decide if I want to keep that.... :thinking:

acflowers91 likes this.
  15. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Still have the Wby and the Elsie.

Elsie would look nice in a dead turkey pic, although you wouldn't be able to shoot uber heavy loads from it. :D

16. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    You know that if I had the thousand that Elsie would be mine. Uber loads aren't necessary for dead turk pics. Skilled calling and well placed shot will get it done using that S/S with a regular game load. Sweet ol double needs a home that respects its quality.

17. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Weatherby is gone, gone, gone......

Only the Elsie left.... :wave1: