SOLD and GONE

Discussion in 'For Sale Archives' started by jordanh, Nov 2, 2010.

1. jordanh

jordanh New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    I bought this dismantled building 3 years ago to put up behind my existing shop for additional storage of equipment.

Now I've sold my tractor and other toys and don't need this thing.

I don't recall the exact dimensions but it is around 20'X30' erected as I recall. I think there are 6-8 full framing sections???

Heavy steel frame. Most if not all the steel roofing components although some may be a bit banged up after storage over time. Some of the wood for framing the roof together and attaching the steel roofing as well.

Asking $500

Jordan

573-590-2486

[file]145368[/file] [file]145370[/file] [file]145372[/file] [file]145374[/file]

2. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

Man o Man o Man o Man I wish I would have seen this 6 months ago......building almost EXACTLY the same thing as we speak, size and everything!!

3. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Tell me a little more about this frame. How does it anchor to the pad? What connects the frame members? 2x4 perlins? I'm planning to put up a new garage in the spring, this might fit the bill.

4. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    [rquote=1875519&tid=130642&author=pinwheel]Tell me a little more about this frame. How does it anchor to the pad? What connects the frame members? 2x4 perlins? I'm planning to put up a new garage in the spring, this might fit the bill.[/rquote]

It looks like the same kinda deal I've got on the farm in Ashland. The frames are connected with 2x4 perlins. On mine, it's anchored to the pad with 1/2" bolts. Pretty sturdy once it's all up.

5. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1875534&tid=130642&author=cummins5.9][rquote=1875519&tid=130642&author=pinwheel]Tell me a little more about this frame. How does it anchor to the pad? What connects the frame members? 2x4 perlins? I'm planning to put up a new garage in the spring, this might fit the bill.[/rquote]

It looks like the same kinda deal I've got on the farm in Ashland. The frames are connected with 2x4 perlins. On mine, it's anchored to the pad with 1/2" bolts. Pretty sturdy once it's all up.[/rquote]

Ashlands not that far from Columbia in order to see how it goes together.:thinking:

6. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    [rquote=1875540&tid=130642&author=pinwheel][rquote=1875534&tid=130642&author=cummins5.9][rquote=1875519&tid=130642&author=pinwheel]Tell me a little more about this frame. How does it anchor to the pad? What connects the frame members? 2x4 perlins? I'm planning to put up a new garage in the spring, this might fit the bill.[/rquote]

It looks like the same kinda deal I've got on the farm in Ashland. The frames are connected with 2x4 perlins. On mine, it's anchored to the pad with 1/2" bolts. Pretty sturdy once it's all up.[/rquote]

Ashlands not that far from Columbia in order to see how it goes together.:thinking:[/rquote]

No sir, and I believe Jordan is between Columbia and Ashland. It's pretty darn simple to put together, at least from what I can see. Even you might be able to figure it out.

7. jordanh

jordanh New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Exactly Cummins. But I've never put this up. Best laid plans of mice and men..........

Frankly not sure what hardware...ie....bolts and stuff is still there or not. I was going to replace all that stuff and some of the lumber anyway

I also have a fair amount of other steel paneling laying around I've ratholed back for the purpose of closing in the North and West sides if I ever put it up....will include that in the dealio....paint don't match though....most of that scrap siding iswhite....the roofing for the building is green.

The framing is built heavy duty...that is for sure. Plan was to pour concrete piers with J bolts sunk in then bolt the frame direct.

8. 160983

160983 Guest

What is the sidewall height and the pitch of the roof. I have a buddy who might interested if he can fit the size of door(s) he needs.

Thanks.:)

9. jordanh

jordanh New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    The side members are about 6' to 8' I think...but don't recall. Not certain on the pitch either.....its not real steep. You can see from the pic of the members assembled loosely on the ground. Perhaps Cummins can share with regards to his similar building he has erected?

Frankly you can make the sidewalls any height you like depending on how tall your piers are from the ground where you bolt on the uprights......

10. jordanh

jordanh New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    It was dark but I tried to measure this evening....sides are 8' tall to corner. The roof frames are 11.5' so combined should be 23-24' wide at the outside edge of roof to outside edge of roof. I think the top of the roof will be about 12' - 14' high. does that make it 4/12 roof or what?

I should probably check the scrap value of the steel I have in this...probably more than $500

11. jordanh

jordanh New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    thanks for all the interest....but we have a winner if he shows up with $$$$:eek:::wave:

12. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    Wish I was ready to put up a building on my place.

13. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Dang, wish I'd have seen this sooner. Let me know if the deal falls thru.