Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Really? Show me. .
3,483 Posts
I had to do that once but I believe I dropped it off at the local extension office. Not sure that helps you any. . . ?

· Registered
20,366 Posts
Did you just take in a sample with a filled out form and paid?
I also dropped my sample off in person at the local extension office . By filling out the form they will give you a read out on your soil and fertilization requirements but if IIRC the form will also ask what you intend to plant in each plot that you provide a sample for.

The process involved: You number each bag (Bag/Sample 1) then you fill out a form for that particular sample. If you only have one plot, pull the dirt from multiple sites on that one plot. Mix it all together in a plastic bucket then place that mixture in a zip lock bag and fill out the form for that particular sample/plot. If you have multiple plots in different locations then you just repeat the process for each individual plot. The form should ask what you intend on planting in each plot location. The information you provide will allow the extension office to customize your fertilization requirements to your particular crop/seed you intend on planting. The USDA assists with cost share involving fertilizers and legumes such as clover. They are also big on soil erosion, woodland and creek fencing if you own livestock.

· Really? Show me. .
3,483 Posts
There ya go. ^^^^ WBF did a better job of explaining than me.

· Under appreciated
93,233 Posts
I think the mizzou site also has an instructional on how to take a soil sample but wbf said it pretty well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.