soccer try out update

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by ducks1, May 28, 2009.

1. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    well tonight was the last kick around ,and its lookin real good she most likely wi be the startin goalie and play sweeper when not in goal. it was funny see most of these girls are from ritzy folks the rich kids dont want to get dirty at all. this was a advantage for abby she loves playen in the rain and mud . she was soaked and muddy at the end of practice tonight she was one of the only goalies that played the whole time. when she wasnt in the field she was playin sweeper. we will know for sure by tomorrow evenin g .wish her luck she has really tried her hardest and i told her thats all i wanted her to do was play hard and have fun.
    thanks the broke ducks1.
    :pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

2. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    Playing soccer in the rain and the mud is the best time. In high school I played a game where it was pouring for most of the game and couldn't have been more than 40 degrees outside.

After the game, I came home took a shower with the hot water turned all the way up. Dried off and was still shivering!! Good times! :cheers:

3. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    oh yeah the good times for sure. it was funny though even the coach asked her if she left any on th feild. those stuck up lil girls didnt want to get dirty at all so she just would slide into them to save the ball and get them all wet regardless.

4. lma

lma Active Member

Good for you, Abby! Sounds like me when I was a kid.......well.......have I changed? :rof2::rof2::rof2: Good luck to you kiddo! :eek::

5. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    shes as tall as you are lma and she is only 11. heck my 7 yo is as tall as you what am i thinkin.:peepwall::peepwall::peepwall::peepwall:

6. lma

lma Active Member

What's wrong with being shorter than most kids? OK......so I don't get to go on the best rides at the amusement parks. :whinging:

7. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    [rquote=1278817&tid=89486&author=lma]What's wrong with being shorter than most kids? OK......so I don't get to go on the best rides at the amusement parks. :whinging:[/rquote]
    :dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin:

8. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    GOOD LUCK, WHAT CLUB IS TRYING OUT FOR?

9. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    gallegehr its one of the ones from back in the day and has stayed with it all this time. thanks she loves playin.

10. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1278931&tid=89486&author=ducks1]gallegehr its one of the ones from back in the day and has stayed with it all this time. thanks she loves playin.[/rquote]

yep a great program and lots of great players in the lou

11. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Good sport. Hope she has fun. :claphands:

12. Mule

Mule Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Franklin County, MO
    Best of Luck to her!

Reminds me of when I was coaching a 4th grade girls team. I had them streching before practice. Some were whining about dirt and bugs. I had them lay on their backs and roll over three times then stand up. I said, "Now everybody is dirty. Shut up about it. Lets play soccer."

Once was enough. Never heard another complaint, and I coached them into high school.

Tell her to chinch her shorts up good. Those mean North County girls like to give them a tug once in a while.:D

13. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

GO ABBYYYYYYY !!!!!:claphands:

14. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1279007&tid=89486&author=Gamegetter]Good sport. Hope she has fun. :claphands:[/rquote]

For little girls......:D

I'd just as soon watch my grass grow, or watch paint dry though. And, boys should not be allowed to play in this country. Let them play real football.

The girls though... I'm all for that!:D Good luck to your daughter.:2thumbsup:

:D

15. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
    Soccer is a great sport. I played in the Army on a battalion team in Panama. Run, run, and run! I coached my sons 1 and 2 grade team this spring and we all had a ball. I am looking forward to coaching them this fall.

16. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n
    Do you think her not being bothered by dirt and rain........has anything to do with her dad being a DUCK? :rof2: One tough sport ,I dont care what anyone say's.Good luck,:cheers: