Soapbox time!!

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by JMAC, Feb 1, 2006.

1. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I'd like to hear from some folks that have a little more time on this glorious globe than myself. This is in an attempt to learn what we can do, as a younger generation, to improve our future in this country.

What are things that you see as disturbing trends in our society? It doesn't have to be political. It can be if you choose.

I've got some of my own ideas but I'd like to hear other view points.

Justin

2. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Shoot all politians!

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    One thing that is going downhill is marriage. People act like divorce is the only way. Working out problems is just too hard for some.

4. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    shoot anyone who says you need to be more politically correct!

5. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    Start giving a kid if he/she acts up a good swift kick in the pants to disaplen instead of time out. Now I don't mean abuse in any way whats so ever but a good kick in the :ass: when acting up sure didn't keep me from becoming someone that could be productive in society.

Get rid of all this politically correct crap and remember the good Lord brought us all here and he will also take us from here..........

Wow what a topic, I could:soapbox: wear out several of these bad boys. Just my .02

:wink4:

6. droptine

droptine New Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Jeff City
    How about actually educating our kids?

Our pathetic education system is one issue that really bothers me.

Anyone watch the episode of 20/20 that John Stossel did about education in America?

7. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Matt, I heard about it. Had some union folks all up in a tizzy!

8. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Shoot all union leaders and abollish unions.

9. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    Sometimes I think our society has made it more difficult to educate the child if you cant even correct the kid for being a little jerk. I also think that some of the education is also the parents duty as well. I do think to much $$$ is spent on the administrative side and not investing enough $$$ on the teachers themselves after all even a bird dog is only as good as the handler.

10. droptine

droptine New Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Jeff City
    Our government-run schools need some competition. We need choice.

Simply throwing more money at a money wasting system only wastes more money....if that makes sense.

11. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    People need to realize that the kids are not the ones running the homes and the parents lives. I mean be involed in their lives and teach them respect. Do not let them run all hours of the day and night. Make responsible human beings out of them.

Oh and BTW there is nothnig wrong with kids having chores to do. I have a 7 year old that helps feed every morning and evening. She also knows that is she mouths off she will get her little :ass: busted. I got mine busted when I was a youngin and I lived through it and she will to.

As far as the marraige thing....it is too easy to just divorce and go on (yes I know I am divorced).

Reinstate the morals that your parents taught and their parents!!! The world was a much nicer place then!

12. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

JMMQUIRE..if you think I'm bad read Big Johns posts...jeeze

he wants to shoot everybody

thank goodness I gave up being a politically correct politician turned union leader.

13. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    I blame alot of the problems on our wonderful T.V. You cant even hardly watch prime time shows on the networks with tons of sexual conitations. they just set bad examples......Guess I was brain washed for watching junk like the Waltons, little house on the Prairie and stuff like that. Dont recall any movies about a couple of cowboys being quite that into cowpokes. again just my own .02:stickfight:

14. danceswithbooze

danceswithbooze New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    O\'Fallon
    Because you asked for advice I'll let you in on something special--the secret of life.

There are two secrets to life

1.) Never tell everything you know

15. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002

"BE NICE"

Push it, live by it, and keep pushing it until the time comes that you cant be nice---then "Get-er-Done":cheers:

16. deerkiller012

deerkiller012 New Member

Dec 14, 2005
    kansas city

:cheers:

17. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

keep your friends close but your enemies closer..

18. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I feel life could be better for most people if there were more honesty in the bussiness world. The phrase" it is just bussiness" is being used as an excuse to shrug off the blame for unfair and unethical behavior in bussiness. If there was more honesty in bussiness,,,the disclaimers at the end of commercial could be short to non existant.

:cheers::cheers:

19. Ginger

Ginger Administrator Staff Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Chariton County
    RESPECT -- they need to be taught what that is.
    -for their parents and elders
    -for teachers and authority
    -for money
    -for themselves
    and much, much more. :soapbox:

20. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Responsibility, you screw up, it's your own fault, not someone else's.:bangin:

Beanpile, he didn't say shoot everyone, just all union leaders. Where's the harm there?:rotfl: