Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not so if you're bow hunting. Getting that bow drawn is quite a chore. It ain't just "watch and shoot"!!

·
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The challenge is all about stand placement and wind direction. How often does EVERYTHING work like it's supposed to? NEVER. It's a chess game.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
So deer hunting's too easy for you, is that what you're sayin'? :confused:

Get a longbow and make your own erra's for it. That'll help make it more of a challenge.

I've personally never thought bowhunting deer was easy.

Parker

·
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Parker

I've personally never thought bowhunting deer was easy.

Parker
There's no doubt....IT AIN'T!!!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
CP's just not telling you the secret to his deer hunting! He mounts one of these on the tree next to each one of his stands.

Parker

[file]7711[/file]

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Center Punch
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Not so if you're bow hunting. Getting that bow drawn is quite a chore. It ain't just "watch and shoot"!!
Ok. I'll buy that. That's certainly a big part of putting a tag on a Turkey.

But there doesn't seem to be any real chess game type hunt like there is with Turkey. If there is and I'm not seeing it, then that may be a good reason I'm not a better deer hunter.
:wink:
Absolutely CP. You can lead a Parker to water, but you can't make him read. :D

You can spot and stalk for deer with a bow too, and then you're playing the same game you would play with turkeys.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
Parker, can i borrow that button please :wave:
I was surprised....they're only 5 bucks! There's no Staples around here though. Probably cost you another 10 in shipping.

Parker

·
Registered
903 Posts
The "chess game" is exactly why I choose to hunt for big mature bucks. Picking a big animal and putting your wits up against his instincts. I couldn't care less about ever putting a deer in the "book". It's all about the chase and the challenge for me. More of a chess game than shooting the first deer I see.

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,903 Posts
The way I see it, the hunt part is over once you reach your stand / blind. Just watch and hopefully shoot. Then if you shoot, there might be a hunt if a tracking job is needed.

:D
It does seem like that a lot of the time when you are gun hunting, especially since you can drop the hammer on the deer from afar.

But with bowhunting you will often time find yourself getting to watch deer that you never would normally have before. If you are a meat hunter, that is shoot the first deer you see with a gun, then you may not have had the opportunity to watch deer just be deer. I don't mean that to sound ignorant, but often times gun hunting tends to be so focused on the kill, but bowhunting unavoidably involves lots of watching.

Also, IMHO there is an art to moving when in the presence of deer that are in or are approaching bow range.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Gutpile
Also, IMHO there is an art to moving when in the presence of deer that are in or are approaching bow range.
I learned all my secret moves that I use in the deer woods from Ms. Diaz. I've had verying results........ :D

(I'm not poking at you gutpile, I just wanted to use that GIF REALLY bad).

Parker

[file]7712[/file]

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Gutpile
I figured most of the folks around here to be queens:whip:
:cheers: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :cheers:

Good times gutpile.....good times my friend! :cheers:

Is your whip there saying "OH SNAP!" ?????

Parker

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
I'm thinkin this is C.P. looking to get under someone's skin.

And it is easy if you want to shoot the first brown one that comes down the trail.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Well I for one wasn't really sure of the question.

The gun/bow thing is because it's much easier to blast one with a 30-06 than a Hoyt or a PSE. (Now if you've got a Mathews it's a little easier cause they are such a superior bow...:D )

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
I agree that I thought the question was confusing, and with some of the other wild topics going on, I thought that was your goal. Want to reword the question or continue the road we're on? Lemme know.

Parker

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.