Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post yours up. Post a pic if you will. With some positive attributes.

Here's mine. I was gonna get one about 3 years ago and life happened. It's gonna be my next rifle for sure!

It's a Sako 75 Deluxe. It'll be a 7mm mag. with a Leupold 4X12X50mm on it.

Great wood and the action is finer than a a Swiss watch. It shoots pretty good too.

Here's a link to the specs etc http://www.sako.fi/

·
Registered
512 Posts
Weatherby Deluxe in .300 Weatherby or .30-06

Beautiful Claro walnut, raised comb, Monte Carlo stock
Rosewood forend tip and pistol grip cap with maplewood spacers and diamond inlay
Fineline checkering provides an additional custom touch
One-piece forged fluted bolt with three gas ports
Six locking lugs for 54 degree bolt lift—the shortest in the industry. Provides for faster follow-up shots and fewer battered knuckles
Three rings of steel surrounding cartridge case head. Recessed bolt face is surrounded by the barrel, which is surrounded by the forged and machined receiver
Adjustable trigger with precise adjustments for let-off weight and sear engagement

Attachments

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,223 Posts
I like the Browning A-bolt Stainless Stalker in 30-06 with the BOSS option. Top that off with a good Leopold VX III scope.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
I don't have a pic,,,but believe it or not mine is an M77/22 stainless bull barrel in 22LR. I just always wanted one.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
My next rifle will be a Marlin 45LC lever action rifle for the trails. After that, I'd like to find me a 45LC derringer too so I will have the entire set, rifle, revolver, and derringer that shoot the same ammo.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man.....some good stuff mentioned here.

Beanpile......I bought your dream rifle at an estate auction that very few people attended here a few years ago. Gave $390 for it. Was on the phone and had it sold before I had even bought it. SHoulda kept it. :bangin: It was SMOOTH! I forgot it's manufacture date but it was old enough that it had a factory metal butt plate on it. :bangin:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Right now it would be the Pedersoli 45/90...hexagon barrel, rollin block, creedmore sight, case hardened steel...

Or...the Sharps Sporting Extra Deluxe model, same caliber!!!

And if I couldn't have either of those, I'd take a nice Dakota Arms rifle, in a good elk caliber, topped off with a Swarovski of course!!!

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
Already got it

Winchester M70 Classic SM, restocked with a B&C stock, in plain old .270 Winchester, topped with a Leupold VariX-II 3-9x40. Nothing too special, it just works. Real smooth, nicely accurate, and it kills stuff real dead.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
heck you just posted it except my caliber would be either 7mm08 or .280
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Post yours up. Post a pic if you will. With some positive attributes.

Here's mine. I was gonna get one about 3 years ago and life happened. It's gonna be my next rifle for sure!

It's a Sako 75 Deluxe. It'll be a 7mm mag. with a Leupold 4X12X50mm on it.
well you just posted it except the caliber would be either 7mm08 or .280.

Great wood and the action is finer than a a Swiss watch. It shoots pretty good too.

Here's a link to the specs etc http://www.sako.fi/

·
Registered
70,355 Posts
I tend to like guns older than me. I'd love to have a 1st Model 1860 Henry Rifle. There is one on Gunbroker.com that is going for $20,050 minimum bid. I'd probably never even shoot it cause it was so old but it would be neat to own it.

Attachments

·
5,632 Posts
I think mine would be Glenn's except with a thumbhole stock in a 7mm mag.

I've already go the rifle, just need the new stock and the nice scope!

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
This is the left handed one, I bought a righthanded one about 2 years ago and have mounted a Simmons 3x10x44 scope on leapold mounts. My grandkids will fight over this one:D Browning Medallion A-Bolt in a 30.06

Description: • Receiver - Steel, Engraved with blued finish, Glass bedded, Drilled and tapped for scope mounts • Barrel - Blued finish, Free floating, Hand chambered, Target crown • Action - Bolt-action, 60º bolt lift, Non-rotating bolt sleeve, Adjustable trigger, Detachable box magazine, Hinged floorplate, Top-tang safety • Stock - Select gloss finish walnut, Rosewood fore-end and grip caps, Checkered • Features - Sling swivels included

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
i would love to have a winchester pre 64 in 7mag with some nice wood the 7mm came out in 62 so i am guessing theres not alot of them that were origannaly chambered in this round but i could be wrong.

second choice would be same gun same nice wood but 25-06 cal this would truley have to be a custom job as the 25-06 wasn't made a public round till 69 i think it was.

might look something like this one

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.