So what does everyone think of Charles Daly...

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by inkwithattitude, Oct 26, 2010.

1. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude Active Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    12 Ga. 28" ported Semi-Auto 2 3/4"-3 1/2" shot gun camoed in max4 ?????:02:

2. redlabel1

redlabel1 New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    cass co.
    some have good some have bad and i was one of the ones on the bad end. brand new gun shot about 4 boxes and a broke firing pin sent it back they fixed it (that took 7 weeks to do) got it back used it a couple more times and again it broke sent it in again got it back and traded it off to the shop where my wife bought it.

3. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    no personal experience but ive heard a lot more bad, than good. kind of a "get what you pay for" thing. nice looking guns though...

i'd pay a little more, get a better gun. :02:

4. Brake

Brake Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Livingston Co MO
    I bought a 20ga auto for Drake a couple years back we have shot several 100 rounds thru it shooting everything from light loads at clays and doves to heavy 3" loads at ducks and turkeys and have zero problems at all.

5. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    I have the pump version and so far so good! There won't be any more 3 1/2s in it though!

6. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    [rquote=1864449&tid=129826&author=sand_manms]I have the pump version and so far so good! There won't be any more 3 1/2s in it though![/rquote]why you get a sore shoulder?:whistle:

7. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    Yeup!!!! and after that I tore the shoulder up. So I'm sticking to 2 3/4s mostly. Nobody around here could stand more than one shot of the 3 1/2 turkey loads!

8. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    hmmm..sims limb saver shock control...may be an option!

9. wolfgang

wolfgang Senior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    Don't forget KBI (Charles Daly) is now out of business so getting support wouldn't be easy on guns that anymore have a so-so reputation.

10. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    I dont know about their shotguns be I like their mini mauser really well...

11. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    We shoot them all of the time.

Parker

12. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    Went throughthe same stuff with the mossberg o/u I bought. Heard so much bad about it, yet I have had absolutely zero problems out of it. You'll tend to hear more bad than good anyway. Nobody really complains that their guns are working flawlessly. No sooner does someone have a bad experience with one...it's on 8 different forums under 8 different screen names all over the Internet.

13. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    if it fits you, might as well. i did hear rumor they aren't making charles daily guns anymore. rumor, don't know if it is true or if that even matters to you. the only experience i have ever had with one was on a snow goose hunt when my old buddy brought one. it seized up after a few volleys and when we took it apart it came apart in pieces, more pieces that it should have. however parker says he has had good luck with them and if a gun can stand up to the vector inspector then i wouldn't shy away from them.

14. Personaly, for around the same price I'd look for a 935.

15. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    CD is still being made but as of right now there is no US distributor.

16. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    CD just imports guns made for them. the mauser line they had for a while is the same one remington now imprts as the 798 and is mfr by Zavasta.
    the rifles are a real good buy IMO. i have read mixed reviews on their shotguns, lot's of issues with the pumps early on but less issues with some of the later ones. don't have any personal experiance with them though. i would buy a rifle in a second if the price was right and i had the cash.

17. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    [rquote=1864727&tid=129826&author=wolfgang]Don't forget KBI (Charles Daly) is now out of business so getting support wouldn't be easy on guns that anymore have a so-so reputation.[/rquote]

LilHatch took his to the gun shop and they could not get parts....:mad2:

18. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Hmmm..... Now the mixed thought got me wondering:confused:

19. inkwithattitude

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Cannot find a service center in USA and no parts online

20. yankee

yankee Senior Member

the only charles daly auto i seen in the field, i nicknamed the jam-o-matic but that was 10yrs ago