Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my dad's buck that he killed in NE MO Sunday morning (11/22/09) at 7:05 a.m. We took the deer to the taxidermist and he scored it to be 178 3/8 gross and 168 5/8. Its a great story too. This buck was actually following a doe that he shot and then he dropped this bad boy a few seconds later. Where he hunts is extremely thick brush and he has a small opening where the doe walked out. She was obviously being followed because she was looking back when he shot her. At the time he couldn't see the buck and when the doe was going down the buck came running to the exact opening and stopped in the same opening the doe was in and gave him a good broadside shot. He told me he knew he killed a good buck but didn't know it was this big. The buck only ran 60 yds. My hunt was ended early to help with the retrieval of the two deer. When I saw the buck I didn't care that my tags were vacant. It was an awesome day.

[file]80434[/file]

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
good story
and now for the pics :pop:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
If ya need some help with posting pics,,just ask and someone will be glad to help ya out.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
Good story! Congrats to your dad!:eek::

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
very nice:cheers:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,955 Posts
Sweet looking buck...got some good character to him.:cheers:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
very very nice :cheers:

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
He was right...that is a monster. Good grief!!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Supernice buck with mass all the way out. Congrats to dad!!:cheers::cheers::cheers: Oh, is that a Ruger 77 he's shootin'?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts