Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Military camouflage Air gun Wood Glove
I may not ever get another but only got to hunt 2days for myself,and gimped up from prostate surgery wacked bird #2 today. I had just given up at 12:15 from hunting in the outhouse all morning when I thought I might take a peek at the clover patch in front of the white house. To my surprise a tom was out there. I turned around and went back and called aggressively and at 12:49 he showed up in strut. Shot with momma's 20 at 12 steps. First pic outhouse.
Plant Plant community Sky Natural landscape Cloud

· 2 Corinthians 5:10
1,818 Posts
nice one, and one of the best turk pics I've seen all year, you can really see all the colors stand out.

· Registered
13,452 Posts
I swear everybody I know has killed turkeys besides me. Heard a bunch of birds opening morning, but barely hear anything now. Others are saying the same thing though. Last year was kind of like this too and then it got really good by the end of the second week and in to the third week for us so I'm not sweating it yet.

Seems my easiest years are when others I know are struggling.

· Registered
32,993 Posts
I swear everybody I know has killed turkeys besides me. Heard a bunch of birds opening morning, but barely hear anything now. Others are saying the same thing though. Last year was kind of like this too and then it got really good by the end of the second week and in to the third week for us so I'm not sweating it yet.

Seems my easiest years are when others I know are struggling.
I haven't killed any yet.....

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
You must not have a lot of nest predators in your area, someone must be doin a good job of trapping them near you. :tup: :D

Reactions: henry
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.