Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we go to Otter slough this morning, didn't get drawn. Only 5 parties didn't hunt and i was lucky enought to be one. So we fly to duck creek, and pick up a vaccancy in pool 8 flooded timber. The agent told us we had to bring our compass with us. We walk in the timber 75yrds and turn around...nothing. It was crazy everything looked the same it was almost freaky. We walked all the way to the levee, and then found a good hole and set up shop. Hunted till 11am and walked the mile and a half back. Never saw a duck. But we did stop and see my dad on the way home in altonburg, near perryville and he was happy to see us so trip was worth it and interesting. NEVER GO IN THE FLOODED TIMBER WITHOUT A COMPASS :blah::blah::blah:

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Originally posted by leasburg
So we go to Otter slough this morning, didn't get drawn. Only 5 parties didn't hunt and i was lucky enought to be one. So we fly to duck creek, and pick up a vaccancy in pool 8 flooded timber. The agent told us we had to bring our compass with us. We walk in the timber 75yrds and turn around...nothing. It was crazy everything looked the same it was almost freaky. We walked all the way to the levee, and then found a good hole and set up shop. Hunted till 11am and walked the mile and a half back. Never saw a duck. But we did stop and see my dad on the way home in altonburg, near perryville and he was happy to see us so trip was worth it and interesting. NEVER GO IN THE FLOODED TIMBER WITHOUT A COMPASS :blah::blah::blah:
Imagine being in 30,000 acres of flooded green timber in arkansas... its a terrible feeling:peepwall:

·
Registered
20,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its really an unusual feeling, almost over whelming at least for me. it was my first time in that stuff

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Its really an unusual feeling, almost over whelming at least for me. it was my first time in that stuff
screw the compass and get a basic GPS... you can mark your spots then!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
o it was alright with the compass, but my god if a guy didnt have one :whiteflag:
Find out the secret to having an eagle guide you like Walker Texas Ranger and you'll be set

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
i had an eagle scout with me, i handed him the compass when we left
:claphands:

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Did you hear any banjos? :thinking:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts