Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She has a Cricket and loves shooting it. I had some bulk packs but was getting low after the last range trip
I stopped in for a bulk pack and of coarse there was none just single 50 rd boxes. Most was 2.99-3.99 but the six boxes of 40gr Winchester wildcats was .99 a box.
Is this crazy ammo hike going back to normal?or is this stuff junk?
Due to being a tightwad I purchased the WC ammo for her plinking habit hopefully it won't jam a single shot. I wish cci would lower the $ a little

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Buy all you can......the END is near!!!:wave:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1505508&tid=105017&author=Refuze2falo]For .22 ammo??[/rquote]

I should have typed in more sarcasm....lol!!!!:rof2::wave:

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
[rquote=1505497&tid=105017&author=FiremanBrad]Buy all you can......the END is near!!!:wave:[/rquote]

Fear Monger

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
I have never had a problem with any Winchester brand ammo, that includes the Wildcat 22's. Good shooters!

BTH

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1505514&tid=105017&author=Reflex][rquote=1505497&tid=105017&author=FiremanBrad]Buy all you can......the END is near!!!:wave:[/rquote]

Fear Monger[/rquote]

:hysterical::rof2::wave:

·
Former Chicken Man
20,146 Posts
I've have shot several thousand WildCats, and out of those I've maybe ten bad ones. Nothing wrong with them for plinking, and I normally switch to Stingers for hunting. :cheers:

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1505515&tid=105017&author=Big Time Hunter]I have never had a problem with any Winchester brand ammo, that includes the Wildcat 22's. Good shooters!

BTH[/rquote]

Good. Probably will shoot a lil off from the Remington we have been using but she needs practice adjusting a scope anyways

·
Former Chicken Man
20,146 Posts
[rquote=1505512&tid=105017&author=FiremanBrad][rquote=1505508&tid=105017&author=Refuze2falo]For .22 ammo??[/rquote]

I should have typed in more sarcasm....lol!!!!:rof2::wave:[/rquote]

Sarcasm =

[file]83581[/file]

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I've had nothing but problems with wildcats years ago (lots of duds, they sound different, etc --- same problems with thunderbolts and goldens) and haven't bought them since.

I understand quite a few people like them. So I don't know if the quality has improved?

·
Former Chicken Man
20,146 Posts
Most of the WildCats I shot were from the early 70s up around the late 80s, and though I still shoot them I don't shoot 500 in a day anymore.

I tried Thunderbolts and Lightnings, and though they shoot fine they're very dirty. They gunked up the semi-autos so badly that we had to push the bolt closed by hand after each shot. Those are the only two brands I won't buy.

·
Registered
11,815 Posts
They work good for me. They do tend to lead up your barrel as they are not copper coated just plain lead. The price is right buy all you can.
:wave:

·
1,271 Posts
Dang Rob, wish i would of known you were looking for bulk packs, i was in Gander Mtn last weekn in Arkansas and they had 2 big shelves full of bulk boxes, $22 dollars a box

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
The federal bulk pack Wally World sells is awesome for just throwing lead down range, but for hunting and reliability I shoot CCI Stingers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts