So, I bought one of those popup blinds last weekend...

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by glennasher1, Oct 30, 2010.

1. glennasher1

glennasher1 Active Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Last Sunday, I took it out of the box to look for the instructions, so I can be prepared when it comes time to rig it up, you know, like anyone ought to be..........

I popped it open. No problems with set up, heck, it does it by itself, after all, all you gotta do is rig the poles, and stake it down.

Now comes the fun part.:whistle: folding it back up to stick it back in the carry backpack. :mad2: I spent an hour last Sunday, trying to get things in order, but NEVER DID get it folded up right, I got it about halfway right, enough to get it halfway into the pack, and left it go at that, for the time being. Aggravating as a sunburn on a chigger bite.........

SO, this morning I got it back out, sorta eyeballed it once or twice, and had it folded up the right way, all in a matter of two minutes or so, easy as pie.:2thumbsup::2thumbsup: Go figure. Ain't that always the way?

2. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    :hysterical:been there, done that:D

3. ImADoeBuster

ImADoeBuster New Member

Sep 14, 2003
    Jefferson City
    Opposite for me had no problem folding it back up but setting it up was a different story

4. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    There wasnt drinking involved on the first try was there?:scared::rof2:

5. reitzs

reitzs Active Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Springfield
    I almost bought one of those the other day. Which one did you get?

6. brad7623

brad7623 Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Arnold
    I had the same issue set mine up in the front yard and couldn't get it folded back up messed with it for 20 mins started to get aggrevated and girlfriend came home and figured it out in like 3 mins lol

7. glennasher1

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    [rquote=1871039&tid=130261&author=reitzs]I almost bought one of those the other day. Which one did you get?[/rquote]

B/P had an Ameristep Doghouse Combo on sale (had a stool, a bow hanger, and a little saw), all for $99 or something like that. I didn't need those items, and looked around, I found they had the Doghouses withOUT that junk for $79.95. I already have a folding chair (with a BACK), don't bowhunt, and I've got a hatchet for cutting stuff, if I need to do so.
    I bought the 'junk-free' version. It was cheap, so am I.:D

8. glennasher1

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    [rquote=1871037&tid=130261&author=boatcaptain]There wasnt drinking involved on the first try was there?:scared::rof2:[/rquote]

Naw, I quit that 30 years ago. Got smarter, saved lots of money, and spent it all on guns n stuff.

9. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    I've asked many times.......why don't they add $2 of material to that bag so at dark I can fold up and put it back problem free?? I'm tight too but I'd pay the $2 for a bigger bag! They are all like that though. They probably laugh every time one leaves the factory:toilet: