1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking back on this year
lost the biggest flathead i ever have seen:whinging:

full draw on the biggest bull elk and couldn't get arrow to him:whinging:

shot three inches over one of the biggest bucks i ever had the pleasure to shoot at 23 steps:whinging:

frickin rain the day before gun season cost me a really good buck.but that has not officailly been called till the place thins out and i call him alive or dead.or till i get some new pictures of him alive
then miss the big boys runnin mate the last evening of muzzle loader at 60 yards' i ain't going agin till this years ends and the new one starts.come on jan 1 :D

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I think Pipe has ya beat on this one...:banana:

You guys don't even know half of the story about Pipe's year.:boohoo:

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Originally posted by coyotehunter
looking back on this year
lost the biggest flathead i ever have seen:whinging:

full draw on the biggest bull elk and couldn't get arrow to him:whinging:

shot three inches over one of the biggest bucks i ever had the pleasure to shoot at 23 steps:whinging:

frickin rain the day before gun season cost me a really good buck.but that has not officailly been called till the place thins out and i call him alive or dead.or till i get some new pictures of him alive
then miss the big boys runnin mate the last evening of muzzle loader at 60 yards' i ain't going agin till this years ends and the new one starts.come on jan 1 :D
dang.....Jeremy woulda just QUIT by now!!!!!!LOLOLOL:hysterical::rof2::shrug:

·
Registered
20,292 Posts
everything happens for a reason, .....or so they say. I some how got gun season off hunted everyday, all day the whole season but 3. Never saw a buck i got on camera, shot a 5 pointer the last 5 min of the hunt for more meat. At least the freezer is full. No fall turkey, had a pretty good duck season, hopen goose goes the same. Next year ya might kill the 30 pointer, never now

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Well all in all my year been going good. I not died from all the strees i been threw this year. Freinds have stepd in and helped us out when we really neaded it. Our second son was born healthy and strong.

ON a hunting aspect of thsi year. I dint fall into a creek this year and nearly drwond like year prior. I called in my first terky solo and shoot him spring season ( 3rd ever terky harvested )
I got the joy of taking my 7 year old on youth deer hunt and we actually saw a deer this year. ( last year 4 trips out no deer seen )
I got a buck wiht my crossbow. My first deer harvested wiht crossbow and first of the season.
I got 2 does wiht rifle( was limited to 2 deer no room in veicle taking me home for more deer. ) I saw 31 dee ropening day. NO legal bucks under AR restrictions.

Yes I wish things had gone diferently in a few areas. But i am gratfull I am alive and familly is doing good.

I am gratfull you saw bucks you felt worthy enouf to be shotable or were leagal to shoot if you was hunting AR area.

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Dang Yote..that's rough. You and Jeremy need to go to deer counseling after some of the stuff that you two have went through this season. Hopefully you can finish with a bang once the new year rolls around. :sniper:

My season was awesome up until rifle started. Since then I haven't seen many deer at all. I managed to kill two during muzzleloader, but they were the only two I even seen. I'd like to take one more deer with the bow to make three archery deer this year and that would finish the icing on the cake. :rock:

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Mine was going great 'till Nov. 10th, not so good for a while after that but its going okay now, well 'cept for today and the plumbing issues.:mad2:

·
17,685 Posts
My year has sucked to yoye

#1 my buddy caught more crappie than me this year
#2 missed the biggest buck of my life
#3 switched beer flavors
#4 worked for a loser till august
#5 he still owes me $30,000.00
#6 wife bought a fast wave runner
#7 had to pay uncle sam
#8 work is slow now that I'm self employed
#9 got 2 speeding tickets
#10 only got to get stool hugging drunk 6 times this year

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yote; I can honestly say I will be glad to see 2009 too! Da story is so long.....................I mean more den a 12 pack long.......:boohoo:

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,698 Posts
Hey old man, at least you've got to hunt a bunch. That's way more than I can say. I'll be hitting it hard till the end of season though. Maybe me & you should just start our own deer contest.

·
Registered
11,812 Posts
Originally posted by GoGop
My year sucked bad, starting 3/2/08. :whiteflag:
Thats a tough one.

Time will heal you. Meanwhile all your friends here will be holding you up.

Merry Christmas my friend,
GH
Give Brad a hug for me.

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Dont wish a bad season on anyone I've had em myself....

A certain tall dark haired girl I know told me just this past weekend how she is so glad when I tag a buck. "You get so stressed out and grouchy" I think were the words she used.

Good luck Yote

dang Im hungry, anyone know when dinner is ?! :D

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
dang Im hungry, anyone know when dinner is ?! :D
I might have a T-Bone in the deep freeze that I can FedEx to you. :D

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
This has been a very good year For Me !! Not that I've made great wildlife harvest #'s,but I've made many new Quality Hunting Partners & Friends & have gotten to spend much more time in the outdoors with My Son !!
Cat

1 - 20 of 30 Posts