Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
I sit in the stand for as long as I am there, I rarely stand in it. It should actually be called a sit, rather than a stand.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Early season, if it's very hot, I'll sit in the mornings until it starts to get too warm, usually about 3 hours. In the evenings I sit for about another 3 hours, until it's dark. Once the weather cools down, I try and stay all day when possible.

:wave:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Hayzer
I sit in the stand for as long as I am there, I rarely stand in it. It should actually be called a sit, rather than a stand.
So your say you would rather have a good sit instead of a good stand?:rotfl:

man that almost sounds like something Pipe would say.:eek:

·
Registered
7,519 Posts
I sit, stand, sleep, whatever all day in the "place" during the rut bow and rifle. During early season 3 hours in the morning and 2-3 in the afternoon.

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,921 Posts
Usually depends on what 30 other things I have going on that day... I have two young sons, both of which I think have a game both saturday and sunday. So things will be a tad hectic. Saturday I will likely sit until 10:00 or so. Closer to the rut, like the rest of the folks the longer I will stay in the stand.

·
White Board Man
14,373 Posts
Early season I sit 4-5 hrs in the morning and go home take a nap, then head back out about 3 and sit til dark.

When it gets good I stay as long as I possibly can take it.

·
Under appreciated
92,927 Posts
I'm really looking forward to that 10:00am to 2:00pm time in the stand this year...

I used to be morning til 10am and back out at 3pm til dark but I'm changing that from now on to all day... specially in that ground blind
where no one can see me take my nap anyway!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I try and stay in the stand all day. But the last couple of years my back just can't handle it. So I stay as long as I can. Sometimes would just get out of the stand and lurk around a bit to loosen my back up. Then would go backin the stand after a while of stretching and loosening my back up.

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
One of three things needs to happen for me to come down.

Shoot a deer.

Sun goes down.

Need to take a [email protected]

If one of those things does not happen I do not get out..............oh yeah.........the other one.

When momma says it is time to come home.

"When Momma aint happy aint no body happy!"

When momma is happy then I am happy (if you know what I mean):D

·
Registered
754 Posts
Depends on what part of the season it is. This time of year until the beginning of the rut, I usually only hunt in the evenings. When the rut starts, I'll start hunting mornings and afternoons. During the rut itself, I stay put all day if necessary. Then it's back to evenings.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by JNH
for me it depends on where i'm hunting, what the weather is like and what phase of the season it is.
exactly!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.