so, all you guys out huntin seein deer

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Jeremy, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    are you in the woods, or field edges?

2. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Saw 2 doe today but way out of range

3. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Jenny seen 15 tonight in our back field (standing beans/winter wheat) I saw 8 in the timber. Saw a bunch in the timber this morning & last night, seen 8 out in the pasture. That didn't help much, did it?:D

4. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    most deer i seen lately was in catmechs yard:D i wonder if he'll mind me sneaking onto his back porch around 530am with my bow:D
    i guess it really doesnt matter much, we have 4 stand locations set up now, and 1 stand that i can move, but i havent seen anything really all season to be honest. i'm wanting to go out tomorrow evening and sunday morning..not sure where to go at this point. stating to lose interest :shrug:

5. Hideandwatch

Hideandwatch New Member

For sure in the timber, except for the bucks nose to ground running the tree rows.

6. leasburg

leasburg New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    [rquote=1882342&tid=131090&author=Jeremy]most deer i seen lately was in catmechs yard:D i wonder if he'll mind me sneaking onto his back porch around 530am with my bow:D
    i guess it really doesnt matter much, we have 4 stand locations set up now, and 1 stand that i can move, but i havent seen anything really all season to be honest. i'm wanting to go out tomorrow evening and sunday morning..not sure where to go at this point. stating to lose interest :shrug:[/rquote]

dude they are chasing dont loose interest at all just be out there

7. Freakhunter232

Freakhunter232 Member

May 2, 2009
    Sat today from 1:30 till past dark, not one deer spotted. For some reason I'm not seein anything here lately. I know this is the time when it's best to sit all day but man I haven't saw a deer out of any of my stands in over twoweeks! Sorry for the rant, like to froze tonight and am hungry!

8. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1882360&tid=131090&author=leasburg][rquote=1882342&tid=131090&author=Jeremy]most deer i seen lately was in catmechs yard:D i wonder if he'll mind me sneaking onto his back porch around 530am with my bow:D
    i guess it really doesnt matter much, we have 4 stand locations set up now, and 1 stand that i can move, but i havent seen anything really all season to be honest. i'm wanting to go out tomorrow evening and sunday morning..not sure where to go at this point. stating to lose interest :shrug:[/rquote]

dude they are chasing dont loose interest at all just be out there[/rquote]

dont get me wrong, I'll be out there...i only have a couple days to bow hunt before rifle season. once rifle season rolls around, its back to trying to get owen his first deer and matt trying to get his first big buck. thats their goals...so any hunting i'll do will be through the eyes of my kiddos, which is completely fine by me..but Owen hasnt even seen a single deer thus far. even if he doesnt get a shot at anything..the kid at least wants to see something and i cant blame him. if he's gonna sit there and freeze...at least having one come by would be nice.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    ^^^ i really messed that quote up good like:D

10. leasburg

leasburg New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    [rquote=1882369&tid=131090&author=Jeremy]^^^ i really messed that quote up good like:D[/rquote]

i noticed but kept it to myself:rof2:

11. LeeinMo

LeeinMo Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Kearney
    I tried the timber for 13 hours last Sat. moved 200 yards north overlooking a crp field on Sun and saw 9+ deer in 30 mins on stand and the boy shot his and was done......All the bucks were chasing and had noses to the ground.

12. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1882369&tid=131090&author=Jeremy]^^^ i really messed that quote up good like:D[/rquote]

What'cha talkin' 'bout?! :shrug:

:D

13. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

not sure hunting Acorns is the thing to do right now .. there is lots of movement so I'd hunt trails

14. leasburg

leasburg New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    i am gonna hunt duck parks, think that is the ticket

15. citybowhunter

citybowhunter Senior Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Independence Mo.
    I'm hunting my food plots of beans and wheat and still seeing a lot of deer. .02

16. 150

150 New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Saint James MO
    I feel your pain, was suppose to hunt Mercer Saturday, but plans were changed. Anyway haven't seen a Deer in a week, except the couple i bumped heading into my stand.

17. wabow

wabow New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Don't feel bad, I drove 240 miles today, sat in the woods for 8 hours and the only deer I saw were along the road. Only 3 of those at that all does. I sleep in tomorrow then hit it again tomorrow afternoon, something has to give. :toilet:

18. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    hunting the woods in a bottom in grass,their flat tearing it up for some reason.don't know what it is but they are liking it:cheers:

19. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    seen three bucks last night, hope to be out monday

20. Bucks-N-Ducks

Bucks-N-Ducks New Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Liberty MO
    Sat tonight from 1:30 to dark and had zero movement until 1/2 hour before dark. Then the flood gates opened up. I was hunting a draw between bedding and feeding areas and wouldn't you know it, all 10 deer I saw in that half hour ran out into the winter wheat field without a care in the world. I was stuck in the timber just watching the show. Only good thing is the biggest buck was a small 8 so it didn't hurt that bad. Major chasing by little bucks.