Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Snows

21K views 219 replies 41 participants last post by  Danimal 
#1 ·
I just saw my first flock of Snow geese for the year. Roughly 300 of them. Is this a bit early for them?

#9 ·
Specks were on the move this morning also

Reactions: wiser1
#14 ·
Been seeing large flocks of pelicans this weekend. Very easy to confuse for snows. They even “swarm” like snows. Not uncommon at all to confuse them for snows. :wave1:

Reactions: WBF
#22 ·
Been seeing large flocks of pelicans this weekend. Very easy to confuse for snows. They even "swarm" like snows. Not uncommon at all to confuse them for snows. :wave1:
When we were trapshooting week before last, I saw a group of pelicans flying, didnt point them out because we were all talking about other stuff.
Havent seen or heard any snows yet. I'd be really surprised to see them this time of the year.

Reactions: callaojoe
#17 ·
Speckled Bellies.......

Or. Pelicans

#34 ·
What MM saw could most definitely have been snows but I seen several flocks of pelicans falling into a flooded slough today. And from a distance they looked very much like snows.

Reactions: CRE10
#47 ·
True story...probably 20 years ago I was hunting blind C3 or C7 at Schell Osage with a guy I had just met from the old Conservation Cafe and we had a flock of pelicans flying low towards the blind . Upon closer inspection i noticed the second bird from the end of the V on one side was actually a snow goose. I came up outta the blind and smoked that snow goose and peeled him out of that flock of pelicans. Dude I was hunting with for the first time goes nuts and carrying on about everyone in the marsh thinking I had shot a pelican. I just shrugged my shoulders and said that if anybody said anything I would just show em a dead snow goose.
I still hunt with that fellow every duck season and that story gets repeated in the blind every year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.