snow flurries proven deadly

Discussion in 'Predators' started by Bowkil, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    i went out this mornin as the flurries were whippin through the Ozarks. i went to my spot its a quail management area. off of slabtown i called while the snow was pounding on me and my gear. i was so bad i couldnt see past 200 yards so i bolted home for some hot chocolate. the rest of the day was just goofing off. then i decide to go my my uncles property and try some callin. my pop and i are the only ones that hunt it. i was gonna go to the trolly property but i seen he put his cows to graze down there, so i decided to see if the other side's gate was unlocked. it was so i went in. i parked next to the house and grabbed my .270 and gear and jammed to my other spot. i sat up. i called 1 secion lasted a minute then a 20 second pause, then i started to blow my 2nd secion. while i was in the middle of blowing my 2nd secion here he comes running full speed. he ran to about 40-50 yards of me, had no idea i was there until i made my move. right as i was pulling my gun so i can see through my scope he seen me and decided he seen enough. he quickly made a prancing dance to the woods and i gave out a kiss like sound. he stop looked at me broadside and i pulled the trigger. i hit him a little low as he got hit i heard him yap then he did a 180. as the ringing in my ears, sounded like a loud bell, i jacked another shell in my bolt action model 70 270. missed! then he was gone. i waited only 2 minutes (i know i should of waited longer) then the bloodtrial began! hour and half later of eyeball stress and furious anger of not being able to get my harvest i see him. then my face lit up like a fat kid on a shoping spee at a candy store.
    Sweet snow flurry proven deadly

[​IMG]

2. Nice Yote! But watch the fat kid coments! J/J

chad

3. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    :cheers: CONGRATS! Too bad I had to be at work today.

4. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Nice shootin!!
    :cheers::cheers:

5. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Definitely put the hurt on that yote!

6. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    sweet that calling is alot of fun alot of work to do it right but still alot of fun.

can't beleive you tracked that thing for an hour and half good practice but no way would i have done that for a old yote.

7. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    hey i didnt get my beer belly form drinking water and eating salads.lol

the shot was about 50 yards free handed. shot just below his heart. that was one tough yote though ran about 150-200 yards. bloodtrial was hard to trail as theres red leaves are everywhere. but i new i hit him good and i had to recover him. still cant belive he ran that much after taking a .130 grain bullet from a .270 git'R done. hopefully i call in another bobcat before season ends.

8. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Way to go............:sniper: