Snow and Deer

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Outdoorsman, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    We got 3-4 inches of Snow here Friday night into Saturday... and abut an inch of Sleet this afternoon into this evening. Was out in the Backwood's near where I hunt at around 4:00pm... and eased into the Loging Road. Sit there, and all the sudden 5 Deer jumped up and booked quartering away from me. nice to know the Deer is still in the area where I hunt. :pop:
  2. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

I also saw a couple deer by the house.:banana:

3. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

I hear that DSG likes snow. Send some his way.
  4. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Hayser.........tell ya little story bout snow. One winter about 6 years ago DSG was jet setting it all over the country. Mostly the SW US but some to New England and a coupla trips to SF and Seattle.

The only snow DSG saw that winter was out the window of an airplane. It was the best winter of DSG's life. :bangin:

Glad you saw some deer Outdoorsman! :cheers:
  5. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

DSG's Winter of Discontent...
  6. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    Yeah it was exciting to see a bunch of Deer together... even more so seeing with the Snow background. :cool:
  7. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Sonw and deer? Now I am jealous! :mad2:
  8. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Good going Outdoorsman. Keep getting out and enjoying it....:cheers:
  9. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    Went there again today, pulled in the same pull off... and there came a real young Deer out in the Road staired awhile before going on across, then a bigger Deer followed it.

Some Jerk dumped out a bag of Cans and mostly plastic 7up Bottles... and Little Debbie Cake Wrapper's. They were'nt there yesterday. I picked up all the plastic Bottles and Cans to clean it up some. I wished the People who keeps dumping in my hunting Area would stop...
  10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I have been lucky enough in my life to deerhunt in heavy snow 5 times and connected each time. Its absolutely awsome when it happens.