Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was outside checking the fluids on my ATV around 8:15pm, when I saw a deer walking towards the house. It finally saw me, and took a different route. I didn't make any sudden movements, so the deer didn't spook at all & just walked around the far side of the pole barn.

I watched the deer go straight to my North foodplot, and it decided to check out the "salad bar"... :D

As I watched the deer, my wife tapped on the window, and pointed in the opposite direction. I turned around, and there was another deer walking up the driveway! I hurriedly (yet stealthfully) rushed for cover behind my ATV. I have a 15 gallon sprayer mounted on the rear rack of the ATV, so I had plenty of cover.

Darn thing just kept coming... :peepwall:

It browsed on the front yard for a few, then decided to head North. Then I decided to take advantage of the fact there were no eyes looking in my direction, and I headed for the front door. I wouldn't want to spook 'em (yep ~ the other deer was still in the North foodplot). I want them to feel safe & comfortable 'round here... :D

G

·
:rotfl::rotfl::cheers::cheers::cheers::eek::eek: Kewl pic bud...... Tell the little wife good pics.........:cheers::cheers::rotfl:

·
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Parker

Get those trail cameras out there!
My plan was to put it out this week. Looks like tomorrow will be the day...

The temp's were fantastic this evening, which is why I made it a point o find a few things to do outside. I guess the deer thought so, too... :D

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman
Originally posted by Parker

Get those trail cameras out there!
My plan was to put it out this week. Looks like tomorrow will be the day...

The temp's were fantastic this evening, which is why I made it a point o find a few things to do outside. I guess the deer thought so, too... :D
No kidding the temps were nice! I was commenting to my friend how we need more days like that every year! :cheers:

Parker

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Cool! Glad your seeing them around :cheers:

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman
I turned around, and there was another deer walking up the driveway! I hurriedly (yet stealthfully) rushed for cover behind my ATV.
Thats the first thing I thought of when i saw the picture... he looks like he's in stealth mode !! :D

Thats awesome Rick ! Sounds like several of us had close encounters of the deery kind last night.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.