snagging report

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by igor, Mar 19, 2006.

1. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    where were you and how was the snagging.
    lets beat the mdc on this one.

2. buckbuster14

buckbuster14 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Moberly, Missouri
    I didn't get to go this weekend but next weekend im goin to the james river. My dad and me go every year.

3. RB.

RB. Senior Member

May 16, 2003
    warren county
    Went on Table Rock saturday and did not do any good. They said Wednesday was the best day. Saw a few fish on boats including on that went about 100 lbs.

4. FisherBoy

FisherBoy New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Central Missouri
    We snagged several holes Between the 50 and 65 mm on the Lake of the Ozarks on Saturday, and ended up with 2 spoonies 40 and 44" long. Both of these were caught closer to the 50 mm. We hit several short spoonbill around the Hywatha(sp?) Beach area also. Most boats had at least one spoonbill tied off the side of their boat on both the upper and lower portions where we snagged. The area in the middle didn't appear to have much action. Also saw a guy pull in a huge flathead. I'll post some pictures of our catch as soon as I get them developed.

FB

5. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    talked to my fishin buddies that went out this weekend (i couldn't go, daughters in the stupid homecomeing grand march) and they said the snagging from the 50 to about the 54 mile marker
    in deep water is where they hit all of the keeper fish, from the 60 on up all they hit were short male fish.they said the bigger fish were all being caught around
    the 50 mile marker they didn't go below the 50.

6. DCL

DCL Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Went on opening day at the Lake. Went at the 64 mile marker and done ok. Biggest was a 54 pounder. Our group caught 7 keepers there. In the afternoon we headed down towards 54 mile marker or so.....only one keeper. Hardly anyone had fish tied on there. Most of the fish were being caught at the 64 mile area.

7. FisherBoy

FisherBoy New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Central Missouri
    Took 2nd place in a snagging tourny this past weekend. Lost 1st place by only 10 oz. Ugh!!! Anyhow we boated 4 fish between three guys for a total weight of 149#'s. My two fish total was 76 lbs, and one of the other guys 2 fish total was 73 lbs. Third guy got a goose egg, but hit two big fish that got away. All of the fish we landed were around the 51 mm. We caught 2 females around 40#s + , and 2 males 30#'s give or take a few. Most fish caught from the 69mm-54mm were smaller males, and not very plentiful. The further down the lake we went the more fish we saw tied up. Good luck!

FisherBoy

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Good job, Fisherboy!!!! Sounds like fun

9. RB.

RB. Senior Member

May 16, 2003
    warren county
    Which lake were you fishing on?

10. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    we went to my uncles lake house on the 49 mile marker snagged right across
    from his cove and caught five in about 3 hours, pretty awesome that we fell into
    them like that.oh yea we didn't catch anything until we switched from
    fishing with worms to useing shad guts.lol

11. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    most of these reports coincide with what my dad has been experiencing, the weather hasn't cooperated that well for him to get down to the 50 as much as he would like but through the first couple weeks he has boated 13 spoonbills and one huge buffalo. Hope it gets better about next week, when I'm there :roll2:

12. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    im trying to figure out how to post the pics. any help?

13. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    daughters fish 60#

14. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
  15. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    mobiggerbucks fish 35#

16. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    COOL!!! Lovin the pics!!!!

17. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    one of mine 35#
    (please ignor the ignorant look on my face)

18. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
  19. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

thats no fish

now your braggn

Actually everybody he TOOK the rifle from his wife & shot it..It was his wifes Buck

20. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    good fish

thats a good buck as well