Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
10,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i'm fixin to get a smoke pole and was lookin at the Traditions, does anyone have one??? and what do you think about them??? any help is appreciated....:wave:

·
PURE KILLER
38,022 Posts
well, i guess if you stopped in and bought me lunch,i would have let yah borrowed one:Dme i'd go with a white or a optima pro.but thats just me:02:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
[rquote=1503874&tid=104933&author=coyotehunter]me i'd go with a white or a optima pro.but thats just me:02:[/rquote]
+1 :02:

·
19,117 Posts
my vote is the accura or the apex both are cva

·
Registered
983 Posts
[rquote=1503902&tid=104933&author=Mr_Hannibal]CVA's look pretty nice, why not a tradition though?????? [/rquote]Imo accuracy, traditons are nice but the cva's and tc's are more accurate.

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,112 Posts
Hannibal, I think you'd like that Knight krb that's for sale here. Excellent price for that gun. I'm going to be shooting my CVA Accura that I picked up from Underclocked this Saturday. I've never shot one before so this should be enlightening.
Just like any gun, you are going to get a world of different opinions.

I'm going to start with 100gr of 777 pellets with a 245 gr powerbelt, though I may have to move up to a heavier bullet if I don't get the accuracy I need out of the 245.

·
PURE KILLER
38,022 Posts
well last week they had whites on sale for 237.00 but that was a really good deal.:Dthere has been alot of good deals on smokepoels on here the last few days.i'd check the for sale section.most of them now days all shoot pretty good with 90 to 100 grs and a sabot round.i like a scope if i am hunting the fields,but if i am hunting brush i just shoot the petersoili rolling block:cheers:

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have always stayed around the 100 to 110 grains of 777 loose powder. At 110 grains with a tc 250 grn in a superglide sabot the bullet drops 10 inches or so at 200 yrds, 5 iches at 150 sighted dead on at 100. Unless you are aiming at a small bodied deer you dont need much if any hold over. I shoot a tc triumph by the way.

·
Trapper Groupie
7,725 Posts
I have always seen muzzleloader scopes,why wouldnt a regular rifle/shotgun scope work?I am gonna buy one as well,been eyeballin the Wolf

·
19,117 Posts
traditions IMO are just cheaper built (material) i call em throw away guns, your money would be better spent on those listed versus any traditions, and i enjoy spending someone elses money:D:D

·
19,117 Posts

·
19,117 Posts
[rquote=1503931&tid=104933&author=Mr_Hannibal]so you like the CVA Yankee????? [/rquote] yep from what i have seen, that knight looks good to from what mailman has posted, mailman should be on sometime today u2u him and ask him about that knight, i think its getting good reviews from him so far

·
Trapper Groupie
7,725 Posts
[rquote=1503923&tid=104933&author=Big L]I have always seen muzzleloader scopes,why wouldnt a regular rifle/shotgun scope work?I am gonna buy one as well,been eyeballin the Wolf[/rquote]

Anyone?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.