Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got back my smallmouth I caught in July 2004 in the Bourbeuse river. I caught it on a soft plastic jerk bait. It weighed 3lbs. 8 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long. I think it turned out great.:dancin:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Rthunter, looks great!!:eek:

Jack

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it did fight quite a bit. It is the largest smallmouth I have caught in about 15 years of fishing that river. The Bourbuese is one of my favorite places to fish. I love to catch those smallies! Browns taxidermy in Union did the mount for me. He is slow, but he did two rainbow trout for me and they both look great as well

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Very good lookin mount!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Very nice !
I've said for years it would take a 5 pounder for me to put on the wall. I caught 2 up in Ohio on Lake Erie....out of season, had to turn them loose. I knew they were out of season when we started fishing for them but I never thought I'd catch those hogs.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Same around here, 5 pounder is unheard of. We have some good small mouth fishing in the creeks and rivers and it's my favorite kind of fishing. I've seen some 3 + pounders but not many ! I figured my 5 lber would have to come from some place else.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Nice mount and nice fish Rthunter! :cheers:

7X, I've caught a couple of 5's here on Stockton lake but the fish on the river below the dam, well, a 3 pounder is almost unheard of.

At any rate, a 3+pound fish is a nice Brownie anywhere you go.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.