Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
82nd Airborne!
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on baits and methods for smallmouth fishin on current river, we have a company tourney this sat. around the Doniphan area,S.E. Mo.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Every kind of rooster tail that you can find! Gold, bronze, silver spinners, and white and chartruese bodies for starters. (that's six lures I'd pick up.....)

Of course if you could tip those with nightcrawlers.......that'd help! :D

Parker

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Sounds like fun!!!! I've always wanted to head down to the Big Piney for a few days, and just float n fish!!! We used to canoe down there every summer, but we didn't do much fishin....lol. The Current and Jack's Fork are fun too!!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
i was supposed to go on a float trip this weekend on the current, but my damn job stopped me from going. o well. if i was you i would throw mepps spinners and jigs.
good luck

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Id go with the fore mentioned craw's you cant go wrong but I would have a little black worm close at hand on a jig head or if ya want to get real serious get a bag of rootbeer green 4" chompers & HANG ON!!!!!!!! :dancin:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Crappie
:cheers:Thanks I'll report back after tourney .....
:cheers: Cool, I'll be interested to know how it goes. Please take pics! There's no MO fish better looking then bronzebacks!

Parker

·
82nd Airborne!
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Possum Joe and I won first place on panfish (of course) We weighed in a mix of good blue gill and goggle eyes. 20 fish weighed almost 9lbs. we throwed the tubes,spinners, and just haven't got the nack for the bass yet. Kept one large mouth that weighed 2.5 lbs. Possum Joe caught a Buffalo that weighed almost 20lbs. It was a battle on small tackle and line. What a blast.We got our money back and some nice trophys.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I throw a 4" razor or french fry type worm about 50% of the time for smallies in the river. I rig it several different ways depending on the conditions. Usually in some variation of a brown color.

The rest of the time I'll throw a pop-R or small home-made buzzbait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.