small buck down

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by icbigiowabucks, Nov 6, 2010.

1. icbigiowabucks

icbigiowabucks New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Knoxville Iowa
    shot this one at about 5:30, came in about 15mins after a small 6 point came out in the cut corn field, then this one shows up, lookes at me acouple times but just ignores me and walks on, walks threw my shooting lane at 25 yds, was quartering slightly away so my arrow entered just behind front shoulder and hit the other shoulder, ran about 25yds and started to stumble walked about 20 more yards and went to jump the fence and just barely made it over, found him piled up right on the other side, about 5mins after I shot him I looked to my right and a nice 9 and a 8 point were standing, the 8 turned and walked off but the bigger one did come out in the field but didnt stay long before turning around and walking off, nothin big but will put some meat on the smoker,,, :D oh and for all you rage fans this was shot with a broadhead from walmart 3 for $10 ran less than 50 yds and piled up:D

[file]146446[/file]

[file]146448[/file]

[file]146450[/file]

2. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    I just like that you're from Knoxville...that's where I was born and all my family lives. Congrats on your buck:cheers:

3. icbigiowabucks

Nov 26, 2008
    Knoxville Iowa
    Do you ever make it up this way, to visit family?

4. bowhuntKS

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    [rquote=1883513&tid=131192&author=icbigiowabucks]Do you ever make it up this way, to visit family?[/rquote]

All the time...will be coming through the Friday before Thanksgiving. My grandparents live in Pershing...I grew up in Atica. My aunts and uncles live all over town in different places.

I went to grade school at Twin Cedars...we still hunt the stip pits out that way sometimes.

5. icbigiowabucks

Nov 26, 2008
    Knoxville Iowa
    I hunt a 40 acre strip pit just east of attica owned by max wensell

6. bowhuntKS

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    [rquote=1883524&tid=131192&author=icbigiowabucks]I hunt a 40 acre strip pit just east of attica owned by max wensell[/rquote]

I'm not to far from you then...we used to hunt on Jim Delongs and with McKays for years which should just be down the road from ya.

7. bowhuntKS

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    i'll shoot you a U2U next time I'm up that way...I've been known to drink a beer or two...maybe we can get together and b.s. a little.:cheers:

8. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform