Slave labor...................

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by Mastevt, May 27, 2009.

1. Mastevt

Mastevt Strutt Buster

Apr 16, 2009
    Grain Valley
    Yep! turned my kids into slave labor yesterday! LOL. The last storm that blew thru here broke off all but 1 post on my west fence line,.....so I enslaved the boys to help out! Had to remove the old broken posts & concrete in the ground, and redo some holes.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I have an old post hole digger that you have to turn, while applying down pressure, The boys don't have enough bacon on their bones, but they figured out how with a little cooperation! LOL. Trevor sat on it, while Brandon turned it! LOL. At least they got er done!

[​IMG]

We kept the Dakota happy as well with a giant ice cube!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Today we got the posts set in new concrete, and called it a day.

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Bet in 20 years if you asked the boys about fence building they will remember this as a fun time and not work.

Open up that billfold a bit and rent a power auger. Makes it a lot easier but would take away the fun from the boys I'd guess.

3. yankee

yankee Senior Member

:kewlpics: i got 1 of those post hole diggers, i retired it, moved up to the scissor action type:rof2::rof2:

4. :claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

5. Mastevt

Mastevt Strutt Buster

Apr 16, 2009
    Grain Valley
    MM, today I had both of them mixing concrete, and filling the holes.LOL. They were some good helpers today!

6. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    Looking good Scott, do you hire out for roofs:D:cheers:

7. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    :claphands::claphands::claphands: Good things there my friend....... helping built more than fences... character and team work to boot...... :cheers::cheers: