Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Most Novembers Id say yes... at least the ones weve been having lately. There were a couple days last year that I broke out the fanatic set but probably could have layered with the stratus and been fine

· Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,884 Posts
I wear the Fanatic from October 20- Jan 15, but I can't stand being cold. It just depends on your temprament. I was nice a warm in an open air stand opening day this year.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
I wear the Fanatic from October 20- Jan 15, but I can't stand being cold. It just depends on your temprament. I was nice a warm in an open air stand opening day this year.
I could probably do that if I packed everything in, which I hate doing. Fanatic is good gear.

· Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,884 Posts
I could probably do that if I packed everything in, which I hate doing. Fanatic is good gear.
I do open keep my bibs and jacket unzipped until i get to the tree though. You'll sweat if you don't, especially if you have a long walk!

· Banned
11,379 Posts
I got rid of my stratus pants and jacket. They have the bibs now but the pants with no zips to dump heat were a deal breaker. I can wear my fanatic jacket with just a tshirt under if it's warmer. I sweat easy so I always carry in my clothes.

Reactions: jawesome357

· Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,884 Posts
I got rid of my stratus pants and jacket. They have the bibs now but the pants with no zips to dump heat were a deal breaker. I can wear my fanatic jacket with just a tshirt under if it's warmer. I sweat easy so I always carry in my clothes.
I normally wear a pair of jeans and a poly- pro shirt underneath mine and that's about it.

· Registered
100 Posts
Definitely choose the bibs and yes they are the perfect set for mid mo even last year when it was pretty cold. I also got the fanatic vest to go along but the bibs will be plenty warm and prevents airflow in gap. Plus the legs zip all the way up for walk in and out and you don’t need a belt.

· Registered
390 Posts
I have the medium layer top and bottom and a pair of fleece sweat pants, hoodie, fleece pullover and stratus bibs and coat and I have hunted in the teens to single digits and survived. But mostly if its single digits I'm wearing my woolimate bibs. And also I've hunted with people that that will have 27 layers on and be freezing when its 30 and I have a hoodie and vest on and stratus pants. It's all what you can take.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.