Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,119 Posts
I very much prefer to stand where possible..

But, better practice shooting while sitting in case you get caught offguard.
Plus, you will need to know how to shoot whilst on your arse if you plan to hunt from a ground blind.

·
Former Chicken Man
20,350 Posts
When I was still able, most of the time I would be able to stand up before taking a shot due to hearing them coming. I had many times that I'd stood up only to see a squirrel coming, but I was ready.

·
Former Chicken Man
20,350 Posts
Rat, in a ground blind if you're sitting on something at least six inches high you can put your legs back a bit and be ready to kneel when the time comes. More comfortable to shoot, and helps ensure your lower limb doesn't smack the ground. It worked for me anyway.

·
Under appreciated
92,119 Posts
Originally posted by GoGop
When I was still able, most of the time I would be able to stand up before taking a shot due to hearing them coming. I had many times that I'd stood up only to see a squirrel coming, but I was ready.
Careful consideration while placing stands can help your odds on anticipating and standing up
without being detected. R2 and I hung a stand Friday b4 the gtg that will be deadly..
nice natural funnel with plenty of concealment while still being able to see and anticipate well in advance...

Tis a killer stand placement and I fully expect pics from him in the next month. :banana:

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
i prefer to stand but will take a shot either way

you just have to remember to bend at the waste for accuritcy and not drop your arm

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I too prefer to stand, but practice a few sitting. You just never know....

Like HFFF said, you have to remember to bend at the waist!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by huntforfunnfood
i prefer to stand but will take a shot either way

you just have to remember to bend at the waste for accuritcy and not drop your arm
I stand, and yea, bend at the waist!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Personally I am not comfortable shooting while sitting. So I have never shot at a deer sitting. I have practiced sitting and I am just not as accurate. If I can't stand without spooking a deer I will just sit and admire and hope I get a chance to get another shot!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,284 Posts
I've never tried sitting and shooting at a deer with a bow. I usually stand. I guess that's why they call it a stand.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have alway stood until last year, the deer did not give me a chance to stand He ran into the wood stopped broadside I swung bow over to the right and shoot while setting. I actually liked it better then standing because I did n ot have to think about the shot or study the deer.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
I try to stand as much as a I can, but I tend to face my stand 30 to 45 degrees away from where I expect the deer to show up so I can whack 'em sitting if I didn't get a chance to stand.

I tend to stand in my stand as much as I can and still keep my movement down.

Parker

·
Registered
21,423 Posts
How high up from the ground are you going to be? I usually try to stand if, but depending on the situation, sometimes it seems better to stay seated. One example is if you think you might get busted attempting to stand- especially if you aren't very high up. If you are already sitting, there is a lot of movement in standing.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I would much rather e standing for a shot...

·
5,632 Posts
I prefer to stand but I'm comfortable sitting also.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.