Since When?!

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Chairman, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I just received a AR-15 Bolt Carrier Carbon Scraper Tool from Bushmaster, that I ordered...and they charged me MO sales tax & MO local tax!

A company in Maine charges MO tax?! :mad2:

2. lma

lma Active Member

:shrug: Can't help ya there. I thought the same as you.

3. JustBob

JustBob New Member

it could be a maine law for online sales?

4. JustBob

JustBob New Member

btw you better get used to no tax on the net because That Will Someday Change!

5. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    If they've got a store in the state of MO, then they have to charge MO sales tax. Not sayin they do, just trying to come up with an explanation.

6. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1282938&tid=89759&author=JustBob]btw you better get used to no tax on the net because That Will Someday Change![/rquote]

Looks like it already has, eh?! :mad2:

7. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1282983&tid=89759&author=pinwheel]If they've got a store in the state of MO, then they have to charge MO sales tax. Not sayin they do, just trying to come up with an explanation.[/rquote]

That's news to me!

I understand what you're sayin'...but I never knew they had a store-front business in Missouri (they don't)...they're located in Maine.

I thoroughly enjoy not paying taxes (legally), but this is news to me!

8. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1282998&tid=89759&author=Chairman][rquote=1282983&tid=89759&author=pinwheel]If they've got a store in the state of MO, then they have to charge MO sales tax. Not sayin they do, just trying to come up with an explanation.[/rquote]

That's news to me!

I understand what you're sayin'...but I never knew they had a store-front business in Missouri (they don't)...they're located in Maine.

I thoroughly enjoy not paying taxes (legally), but this is news to me![/rquote]

No store in MO, then I'm clueless.:shrug:

9. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1283001&tid=89759&author=pinwheel][rquote=1282998&tid=89759&author=Chairman][rquote=1282983&tid=89759&author=pinwheel]If they've got a store in the state of MO, then they have to charge MO sales tax. Not sayin they do, just trying to come up with an explanation.[/rquote]

That's news to me!

I thoroughly enjoy not paying taxes (legally), but this is news to me![/rquote]

No store in MO, then I'm clueless.:shrug:[/rquote]

Me too, brutha...

It was only $2.23, but still...I was shocked, when I read the invoice. Sales tax...whatever...but LOCAL tax?! :confused:

10. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    blame it on obama

:peepwall:

(sorry, had to)

odd indeed rick, no clue.. never heard of that before. call them?

11. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1283161&tid=89759&author=Rebel]
    odd indeed rick, no clue.. never heard of that before. call them?[/rquote]

I think I'll e-mail 'em first, then if I don't get a response, I'll give 'em a call...

12. tometusns

tometusns New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    swmo.
    sounds like a good idea to me....I`m courious to find out what they say

13. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :pop: I'm going to venture to guess the billing person mixed up MA and MO.

I'll be interested to know the results.

Parker

14. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

[rquote=1283065&tid=89759&author=Chairman]

Me too, brutha...

It was only $2.23, but still...I was shocked, when I read the invoice. Sales tax...whatever...but LOCAL tax?! :confused:[/rquote]

$2.23 on a .223 part? ;)

15. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Sharp eye, GoGop... :D

16. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    Rick, I'm wondering if they have some sort of tax law up there in MA where they have to charge sales (state and local) tax on any item sold, and base the rate on where the item is "consumed". The "consumed" in this case being the bolt being shipped to your address as you are the owner of that rifle.

Or, it could have been a mix-up.

17. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I hate taxes.....:mad2: It's a matter of principle, if nothing else C-man....:thinking:

We pay enough, don't just let em take it from ya.....:D

18. 90acres

90acres The good ole days

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    The Revenue dept of states realize how much sales tax they are missing out on because of internet sales. You will see this more as budget shortfalls continue. Companies are supposed to charge the tax but most don't.

19. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I contacted Bushmaster, and here's their response:

We have to charge sales tax because we have a rep that lives in the state and or we have done a selling show in your state.

Thank You....

Harvey Ma com ber
    Customer Service / Sales
    Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC
    Office: 1-800-883-6229 ext.286
    Fax: 207-892-8068

20. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Thanks for the info, Kurt.

I hadn't contacted them yet, 'cause I'm busying dealing with my insurance company right now. Our air conditioner was taken out by lightening a couple of weeks ago, and I'm still without A/C.