Silly turkeys!

Discussion in 'Trail Cam Photos & Pics from the stand' started by River rat86, Feb 25, 2018.

1. sandals

sandals Quack

Nov 13, 2014
    a lack of predator control

living rent free
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    WBF likes this.
  2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I've pdogged SW kansas and we saw turkeys every day along the drainages... lot of habitat along the cimarron river there.

Jason wrote an article in the sho me gobbler in 2016 regarding the pop estimate tool.

3. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I was referring to the other post that I quoted for you. Lol
  4. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    Yep, hes talking about the new model. The old one was outdated and over estimated the percent of adult and juvenile males were harvested.
  5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    It will be interesting to see how the population varies with the new model.
  6. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    It will. It will ve even more interesting to see what the new model does to old nunbers like the last 10 years population estimates.
  7. thwackaddict

thwackaddict Senior Member

Nov 1, 2007
    NW Missouri
    We are fortunate to be in a place that hasn't had a lot of timber removed in the last 20 years. Now about 27 years ago there was about 80 acres cleared off that definitely hurt the deer population and travel patterns as far as the ground that I can hunt goes.

There is probably a 1000 acres of timber within a mile radius of my house(if not more). We have a nice 140 acres in one tract and 1/2 mile across the road is about 300 acres in one tract, and there are countless small patches, wide fence rows, creeks, river bottoms etc that all have cover.

I would agree that northern Gentry isn't as bad as close to home but it is still way down compared to 5 - 6 years ago.