Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
13,528 Posts
Did ya ask Mr B first? I feeling asking works and if not at least you will know why not!!!

·
13,528 Posts
Did ya ask Mr B first? I feeling asking works and if not at least you will know why not!!!

·
13,528 Posts
What is wrong with the other site?? cepting Moneymaker can post there!!!

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
[rquote=1524543&tid=106262&author=Skduckhunt]What is wrong with the other site?? cepting Moneymaker can post there!!![/rquote]

That is an excellent point. I don't see a need for sub forums to breed discontent on the board.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
[rquote=1524588&tid=106262&author=henry][rquote=1524543&tid=106262&author=Skduckhunt]What is wrong with the other site?? cepting Moneymaker can post there!!![/rquote]

That is an excellent point. I don't see a need for sub forums to breed discontent on the board.

:cheers::cheers:[/rquote]

henry, in my opinion, why cant the playhouse be here? the only way discontent would be brought onto this forum is if someone who truely doesnt want to be there, asks for permission, gets on..and doesnt like what they see....then runs and makes a big fuss to the admin about it. its kind of like the..if you dont like it change the channel theory. unfortunately, we are living in this rampant state of "offended America" where folks go looking for things just to cry about. i'm all for sittin back and cuttin up with people (youve seen my posts) :whistle: however, i am seeing a large decline in the membership of duck hunters as they do feel they are being shoved out the back door. I've been fairly quiet in the whole duckeers/MWT deal going on, but i've taken the perspective look from both sides. by eradicating the duckers I feel MWT can lose out on alot of opportunities to get more youths out in the woods, huntin more than just deer. it goes a bit beyond the percieved mission of mwt..getting youth and disabled hunters out in the field (but given the name of the site, and the attitudes as of late catering to deer hunting only...as it has been said numerous times..."this is missouri WHITETAILS, not missouri ducks"). can the duckers be a bit calus, rude and sometimes just off their rockers....absolutely. but hey...I dont feel one of them has any ill ambitions by being here, some of the most generous guys i've met on this forum have been what we have so easily labeled these guys as "duckers" i mean really...look at reb for instance, the guy goes out of his way so many times a year to get new people into duckin..or take people who are already into duckin.....out there. how many people on here can HONESTLY say they have, and would..offer up a hunt on their, or just helped on public land on a whim for deer hunting? especialy for people whom theyve never met.....these guys arent looking for credit, theyre doing it because they love what they do and want to share it with others. they arent looking for credit, but to tell ya the truth, i dont feel they get the credit they deserve..sought after or not.:cheers:
just one mans opinion

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
[rquote=1524588&tid=106262&author=henry][rquote=1524543&tid=106262&author=Skduckhunt]What is wrong with the other site?? cepting Moneymaker can post there!!![/rquote]

:cheers::cheers:[/rquote]

My opinion is this.. The Playhouse was a entrance by request only sub forum... If you could see the playhouse and the topics in the playhouse then you requested to be a part of it and mrb added you to it by your OWN request, and if you didnt like what you seen after you got in there then that is your own fault.. Dont like it then you could have got out of it.. Seriously.. there is no need to kick the duckers off a "family friendly" website such as we call ourselves here at MWT.. kickin off other hunters, just because they hunt mostly ducks and not deer and maybe a little off their rockers at times isnt very "family" like IMO.. I dont run this site and i wouldnt want to henry (You and mrb do a great job) but IMO kicking off the duckers to another site because people didnt like how they acted or what they said is childish.. I dont like things some of us goaters say on here but you dont see me wanting them kicked off here... Im not a ducker by any means, never even been duck hunting a single minute in my life and the only duckers i ever met was Rebel and swmo.. thats it.. but they are both dang good guys IMO as i am sure most other duckers are as well... Just sayin, let hunters join together on one website and fight for a cause, ducks, deer, turkey, yote, elk, cat whatever.. dont discriminate.. Let all hunters come her to play.. :cheers:

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
man j dog you sure you havent beeen breaming of ducks in your sleep??? i as a hunter hunt ducks more than anything.. this year was the first year i have bought a deer tag in * years cause i dont like public land deer hunting.. i fell into a nice lease up north and lets say i surely wont be borrowing a riffle to wack a deer.. no none is going anywhere any time soon.. i havent made enough folks laugh around here.. the folks that have met most of the quack heads around say wow you guys are funny and great.. its the ones that have never met most of us and judge by what otheres say and think surely not fare at all to most.. this will blow over in do time i am sure.. bottom line is i feel the respect for others is lost in the mix of all this.. its not even a ducker or goater thing sit back and look.. if anyone post a deer pic or anything they have a 50% chance of gettin some flac from folks.. heck i have been getting u2u from certain folks on here askin duckin questions cause they dont want guys bashin them.. i can honestly say that no ducker has critisized anyone for askin questions unless is trash talk in the crew.. it bothers me to see so much disrespect to eachother..

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
No body kicked any duckers off of here because they were a ducker. To my knowledge nobody labeled anyone a ducker,,except the duckers themselves. If an area has to be set aside for someone to behave in a manner that isn't acceptable on the regular board, what difference does it make if it has the same address as this site???? I personally don't care if someone hunts ducks , deer, squirrels , rabitts , woodchucks, prairie dogs or anything else that is legal to pursue. I do care how the behaviour on the board is conducted though. I appreciate anything and all things folks do for the hunters with disabilities or youth,,,that however doesn't earn anyone a pass to circumvent the rules of the board. If someone thinks this is a good enough place they want to hang out or even help with activities, I can't understand the need to change it for them. If someone wants to take a walk on the wild side from time to time, there are plenty of places for that without making adjustments to this forum. We have seen on several occasians , issues and conflicts from sub forums bleeding back onto the open board,, not just recently, but almost everytime we have tried these sub forums over the years. There has been a place to play set up off the board,,why not utilize it???

:thinking: Perhaps its too rough over there for some and they can't hang with the big duckers.:whistle:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
[rquote=1524622&tid=106262&author=ducks1]man j dog you sure you havent beeen breaming of ducks in your sleep??? i as a hunter hunt ducks more than anything.. this year was the first year i have bought a deer tag in * years cause i dont like public land deer hunting.. i fell into a nice lease up north and lets say i surely wont be borrowing a riffle to wack a deer.. no none is going anywhere any time soon.. i havent made enough folks laugh around here.. the folks that have met most of the quack heads around say wow you guys are funny and great.. its the ones that have never met most of us and judge by what otheres say and think surely not fare at all to most.. this will blow over in do time i am sure.. bottom line is i feel the respect for others is lost in the mix of all this.. its not even a ducker or goater thing sit back and look.. if anyone post a deer pic or anything they have a 50% chance of gettin some flac from folks.. heck i have been getting u2u from certain folks on here askin duckin questions cause they dont want guys bashin them.. i can honestly say that no ducker has critisized anyone for askin questions unless is trash talk in the crew.. it bothers me to see so much disrespect to eachother..[/rquote]

You are absolutely right that its is not just a duck hunter deer hunter issue that is causing friction on the board right now. It is an all around lowering of moral that is causing an over abundance of critisism. We are faced with trying to bring about a up grade of content and try to stear things away from the negative postings and attitudes. Sub forums won't help that, and nuturing division between one group of hunters that target a certain species and another won't do it either. We have open forums for almost every species available in Mo,,why not utilize those forums under the guidelines for decorum this board was built on???

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.