Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving along seen a sign that had silhouette of a Buck Head and a small Doe,had wrote on it Animal Management Area,No Hunting.Looked Offical.Any ideas?

oneshot
:D The Big Grin was looking for Buck sign.

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by GoGop
I've never seen that either. Was it on private property?
I think it was Private Property.Didn't have no special Fence,just them signs running along it.

oneshot
:D For the right $$ the Big Grin could Hunt it.

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Parker
Sounds to me like a QDMA sign.

Was it similar to this?

Parker
Thats It! Ok whats the deal?

oneshot
:D The Big Grin thinks its a Big Buck Deal.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
It's an advertisement for the QDMA...kinda think it invites poachers!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Thayer
It's an advertisement for the QDMA...kinda think it invites poachers!
I agree completely that its an advertisement.

If you want to check out their site, its www.qdma.org

Its just about controlling the does in the herd, and letting smaller bucks walk so they can get bigger. That's the jist of it.

They've got a forum over there too, so I hear, and I've heard there's a lot of folks over there that like to brag about having their own magic potion to growing deer, rather than sharing great info like we do here.

Parker

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I'm all for Big Deer but this just seems to be putting $$ in somebodies pocket.

Managing Deer is not Rocket Science even though some would want you to think so.

oneshot
:D Did somebody say Big Grin.

·
Under appreciated
92,117 Posts
I like the three stooges episode where they went hunting..

They got in trouble.. they said "But the sign said 'fine for hunting' lol

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Oneshot...I hate to tell you this, but you can turn deer herd management into rocket science. One article in the latest Quality Whitetails magazine described how the soils in all of America came to be...from the nice black loam in the Ag belt to the rocky clay stuff down south...it really is kinda eye opening.

There is alot of research and development that goes into food plots, soil amendments, habitat enhancements, taking harvest and observation data, when to do it, why to do it and so on and so on...lots of farmers already know the basics, but educated farmer want to be's, just have to know the science behind it.

QDM is about learning your property, your herd, and your objectives...it can give you lots of information.

I just don't like advertising that my propery is managed for 4-5 year old bucks that average 140", and that we strive to have a 2-1 doe to buck average, which causes intense scraping, rubbing, and lots and lots of deer activity...if everyone in the neighborhood realizes this, then those who don't want to invest the time and effort into doing this, then they will just hop the fence and help themselves. I would rather bring you to the property, show you our results, cook you a nice venison roast and talk you into joining your property into a larger deer heaven.

Another part of QDM...cooperative efforts, joining many smaller parcels into a large of managed property. Turns alot of heads when people see your results...or it used to before telecheck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.