Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use sight lenss? If so what power and how do you like them? I am looking at getting a new sight, and have pondered on getting a lens. Just wanting to know what people think of them. Oh yea I will be using this sight for 3D shoots and and hunting. Thanks

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,529 Posts
[rquote=1578038&tid=109592&author=Steven]why not for hunting?[/rquote]

Just more junk to possibly go wrong. Rain is the biggest. I guess more the question IMO, would be what would be the benefit? On a 3D target, I'm shooting for a spot the size of a half dollar or smaller. On a live animal, I aim center mass behind the shoulder and any hit in the size of a 5 gallon bucket is gonna be a double lung on a mature buck.:cheers:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
I used one in the past. Bowtechian was always telling me to take it out and I would shoot better. Last year at the R-100 in Sedalia it was pouring down rain and I couldn't keep the lens dry so I took it out. Haven't used one since and I do shoot better without it. It amplifies your pin movement for sure.

BTH

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,529 Posts
[rquote=1578048&tid=109592&author=Big Time Hunter]I used one in the past. Bowtechian was always telling me to take it out and I would shoot better. Last year at the R-100 in Sedalia it was pouring down rain and I couldn't keep the lens dry so I took it out. Haven't used one since and I do shoot better without it. It amplifies your pin movement for sure.

BTH [/rquote]

If you've got any panic tendacies, you're right, a lens will sure make it tougher to shoot.:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.