ShurDrop Arrow Rest

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by JMAC, Apr 10, 2006.

1. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Any of you folks tried this or heard much about it? It's cordless. Looks like it works pretty slick. Here's a link to a video. (You'll have to copy and paste the link)

www.timezonevideo.com/ShurDrop_ArrowRest/

Give me your thoughts!

2. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Looks pretty neat, but how much noise will it make when you're pulling your arrow back?

Plus I noticed that they weren't holding the bow correctly.

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Looks like you can eliminate the shelf cradle with conventional dropaways..

What do they want for that dealy?

4. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I had the same thought, venatic. I saw one on ebay that had plastic coating on the rest which, I assume, would keep the noise down.

To be honest, I wasn't really watching the form. I was watching the MAD flex in that aluminum arrow. Those high speed cameras would be awesome to really critique your form and the performance of your bow.

rat, I found one on ebay for a "Buy Now" price of $50

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Cordless.....like Dewalt?????? What is it, 18 volt???hehehehehehhe

6. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
  7. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

hehehe, I figured, Cordless, trainin wheels, what will they come up with next so you can shoot da darn thang.....lol

8. worldchampp

worldchampp New Member

May 18, 2006
    THE SHOOTING FORM IN THE VIDEO IS THE SAME FORM THAT WON 7 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS ,2 NATIONALS AND THREE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS..JUST FOR YOUR INFO...

9. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Welcome, wc.

Thanks for the info. You shoot a lot?

10. worldchampp

worldchampp New Member

May 18, 2006
    THANK YOU FRIEND .I DON'T SHOOT AS MUCH AS I USED TO BUT I COMES BACK ..I AM EASING MY WAY BACK IN..I WON MOST MY TOURNAMENTS WITH BOWS OVER 100 LBS AND NOW .IT JUST ISN'T THAT EASY TO PULL THOSE BOWS AND MY SHOULDERS CREAK..

11. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Great footage---I have never observed an arrow torque as much as what you can see in that video------Did you help with the design of that rest----Looks interesting for sure:cheers:?

12. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    wc, well turn that baby down to 70 lbs and have at it!

Ernie, that's WILD isn't it!

About that grip...It's alittle more closed than most of the pros are suggesting now days. Personally, I hold my bow hand at a 45 degree angle from the riser and only my index finger and maybe my middle finger touch the riser. Even then, it's a VERY light touch. That grip makes it alittle easier for me to put some bend in my bow arm and I feel much more steady.

wc, I'm interested to continue talking to you. Stay around!

13. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    looks to work a whole lot like the trap door i have (now called the free fall)
    it you like that one as much as i am liking the trap door youll have some thing.
    the trap door is working great and i seem to be shooting better too.

14. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Hey Champ. You gotta picture of the all the hardware that you won with that 100 bow? Let me guess, the trophies and plaques all burned up in a house fire right?

:roll2:

15. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Are ya sure 100# is enough????

16. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Come on guys. I was gonna give him the benefit of the doubt before I dropped the hammer. Like they say, "If a guy is gonna hang himself, give him all the rope he needs."

wc, if you're around, I'd love to hear some more about the form you used! ;)

17. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Least he's got good taste in sights. :D